Don't Want To Let Go

Jungkook POV

I'm walking to class when I see Jaehwi catch my eye and approach me. I rush to avoid him. I know what he's going to do if he get's close enough. I begin to zig zag through the crowds and speed walk but it's no use. 

"Mate what was that for?", Jaehwi scolded as he caught up with me.

"Huh?", I murmured.

"I heard what you did. Why did you do that?", he quizzed.

"At least tell me what you're talking about."

"Don't play it dumb. The whole school knows. Come on Jungkook, every boy in the school wants Byeol. She asks you out and you reject her? Are you ok in the head?"

"I'm absolutely fine, thank you."

"Then what was the rejection for?"

"I don't want to date her."

"Why?"

"Just because I don't want to. Let me be.", I abruptly turn a corner.

Jaehwi stands in front of me and blocks my path, "I won't let you be."

"I have a class to get to. Move.", I try to walk passed him.

"Not so fast", he blocks me again, "This is about Y/N, isn't it?"

"Honestly not your business. You're my friend, not the dictator of my life.", I say harshly.

"I'm doing this for your good. This is about Y/N."

"Ok, let's say it is. What does it matter? I don't want to date Byeol."

"Please, just listen to me."

"What is it?', I huff.

"You haven't spoken to Y/N in more than a year. Everybody knows she hangs out with alleyway girl. There's no hope of getting her back. Just let her go."

"But I don't want to.", I almost whimper that.

"If she really cared about you, wouldn't she at least once ask about you? She doesn't care about you and she doesn't deserve your care. Give it to someone else."

"No, what if she comes back?"

"She won't. The situation's beyond hopeless for her. Let her go."

"Don't say that."

"Jungkook, I've told you what I have to tell you. Now it's your choice if you take my advice or leave it."

He walks away and in to class. I walk in slowly and through out the whole class, I think about what he said. What if he really is right? I wish with all my heart that he isn't but it's true. I haven't spoken to Y/N in more than a year. She skips school to hang out with alleyway girl and drinks and smokes. I've even heard rumours that she takes drugs. I don't know what to and what not to believe. This sin't the Y/N I knew. What happened to her? After a whole hour of pondering, I finally come to a conclusion. I go to Byeol after lesson.

"Uh... Byeol?", I hesitate.

"Hmm, what is it?", she speaks softly.

"I... I thought about what I did earlier. I'm so sorry for rejecting you. It just came so suddenly that I didn't know what to say. I've thought about it and I want to date you. That is if you still want to."

Her eyes light up, "Of course I still want to."

She hugs me tightly and I hug her too. But it's almost reluctantly and only out of courtesy. I honestly don't want to date her out of any feelings. But maybe, just maybe, she'll take my mind of Y/N and I'll finally be able to let her go. Then Byeol will get the love she deserves.

Your POV

As usual, I don't go to school. I meet up with Jiwoo in the alleyway.

"Hello, how you doing?", she hugs me.

"Lovely, what about you?"

"Ah, my life's the same as always. Always amazing and wild.", she hands me a lighted cigarette, "Here you go sweetie."

I take it from her and begin to smoke, "So what's the plans for today?"

"Get drunk, wreak havoc and run!", she's already tipsy.

"Sound's fun.", I take a big sip of the alcohol.

This is the life. Ever since my first taste of this all on my birthday, I've been hooked. This carefree life with my best and only friend is exactly how life should be. When we finish our bottle, we go to the closest shop and smash at the windows with the bottle and wreck the whole interior. When we think we've done enough, we run for our lives as the angry shop owner runs after us.

"Oh. my. God. I'm so tired.", I gasp for air as we enter an abandoned through road.

"That was fun, another one?", Jiwoo suggests.

"Not today, the police will be out on patrol after that incident.", I warn.

"I guess you're right.", she shrugs, "Well then it's me and you Y/N."

Jungkook POV

I'm walking home from school with Byeol and dozens of patrolling police catches my attention. I wonder what happened. Then I see a shop with all the windows smashed. Somebody must've caused some trouble then. I want to say that it definitely wasn't Y/N but I can't rule her out. Wherever I go, there's reminders of her everywhere. It's as if her soul is stalking me all the time. And I don't like it.

"What you thinking about babe?", Byeol looks up at me.

"Not much, just wondering why there's so much police.", I say.

"Me too, I wonder who did it.", she hugs me and digs her head in to my chest.

Merely a few hours in to our relationship and she's already getting so close to me. It makes me uncomfortable but I don't refuse it because I don't want to hurt her feelings. But Y/N. I don't want to let go of you.