Confessions

Your POV

I settle down and eat the pasta Aunty's made for me. I can't lie, it's actually really really tasty.

"How's the pasta sweetie?", she asks.

"It's delicious. Thank you again for having me here.", I bow my head slightly to show my gratitude but then think better of it and straighten up. I forgot here in London they don't do that kind of stuff.

She must've noticed the cultural slip, "It's ok dear, you don't have to change your culture because you've come elsewhere. In fact, here in London, they'll celebrate your diversity."

"Yeah.", I smile shyly and continue to have my food.

Maybe the start wasn't as pleasing as I would've wanted it but things are looking up for now. It's just that I don't want to bother such a sweet lady for a whole week, i have to find my own place to stay.

"What're you thinking about?", she quizzes.

"Oh nothing.", I take another mouthful of the food.

"Look, it's been a while I've had anyone young living here with me. Don't worry about your next move, I'm glad to keep you here for as long as needed.", she guesses my thoughts again, impressive.

"Aunty, I honestly can't thank you enough. It's just things have started off so rockily here and you  were here to my aid, thank you so much.", I gush.

"'It's ok.", she says as she serves some more pasta around the table.

There's a knock at the door, "I'll go check who it is.", I say.

"Are you sure dear?", she says.

"Yes, it's fine.", I reassure.

I take a deep breath and open the door. It's Byeol, looking absolutely wrecked.

"I'm so so sorry Y/N.", she begins to bawl right there at the door.

"Come in.", the aunty takes her in to shelter her from the pouring rain, "What's going on?"

"Aunty, this is my older sister, Byeol.", I introduce uncomfortably.

"What's happened?", she whispers to me.

"I don't know.", I shrug, "Byeol, what's happened?"

"I- I forgot to pick you up.", she stutters.

I comfort her and we give her some food as she fights through the tears, "It's fine. Things like this happen."

"It's not fine. I made everyone so worried and I failed like the true failure I am.", she sobs.

"Please honey, don't say such things.", Aunty comforts.

When Byeol cools down, I bring down my luggages seems like my stay at Aunty's has been cut short, "Thanks for having me."

"My pleasure, have a safe journey you two.", Aunty sees us out and even waits till the car reaches the end of the road before she goes in. 

Most of the journey is passed in silence. It's about a thirty minute drive to Byeol's house. She opens the doors and lets me in. Everything seems odd, we've never been so quiet together. I sigh and pack out a few of my essential belongings that I'll need. I go to the kitchen and when I open the bin, it's feels with dozens of bottles of alcohol. That's weird since Byeol doesn't drink. 

"What's all these doing in here?", I ask.

She comes to see what I'm talking about, "Oh those..."

I wait for an answer, "You don't drink do you?"

She looks at me with a solemn look on her face for a very long time.

Byeol POV

I can't handle lying like this any longer so I suddenly burst and tell her everything. I tell her about when I got in to can bridge, I felt great because it's such a feat to achieve, especially as an international student. But then things went downhill so fast. Everyone there was so smart, I don't know what I was expecting but I fell behind too fast. and then I fell under the wrong influence and I destroyed myself. I told Y/N about how I haven't studied at all and there's even a personal letter from them saying that they'll kick me out if I don't pass this semester. I don't know what to do...

"But why didn't you tell us?", she asks.

"Look, I wanted to make you all proud and I thought life would roll like this, I guess I was wrong.", bitter tears overflow.

"Are you happy with where you are now?", she says.

"I wish."

"Then remember, it's never too late for a change to be made, you have potential and we can work together to uncover that.", she supports.

"You're the one with a persevering mind and strong heart. I'm not capable of doing that.", I spit.

"You have a ballerina's mind and a ballerina's heart. Failing isn't a word in your dictionary nor is giving up. Head up princess, you got this, we got this.", she places her hand on mine and smiles, "Do you believe me?"

"Yes.", I nod.

"Then we got this.", she giggles softly and I smile with her.

I love you so much sister. You're here to fix a broken mirror even though you know you might hurt yourself.

Jungkook POV

I roll around in my bed and thrash about. There's a fine film of sweat coating ever inch of me. My hair is whet and sticking to my neck and forehead. Please Y/N, I don't know where you are or what you're going through right now but wait for me, I'm trying to reach you as fast as I can. I yell but no one comes, is this what sleep paralysis is?