Part 25

"You're ice-cream... it's melting..." A voice above Kakyoin muttered out deeply.

Kakyoin looked up and found out that Jotaro was standing above him. Jotaro's heart immediately started to ache as it broke into tiny little pieces once he looked down to see that Kakyoin's eyes were red and puffy, indicating that he had been crying. Jotaro sat down next to him and wrapped his left arm around the other boy's muscular build, not wanting to fully out hug him since he knew it would be awkward and uncomfortable for the two of them.

"Hey, don't get all teary-eyed on me. I'll come to visit you every chance that I get. We all will. I swear on my life with it. But seriously, don't cry. It... really hurts me to see you in pain..." Jotaro whispered inside Kakyoin's ear, burying his face in his hat while trying not to show any emotion.

Kakyoin hated the position that he was in. He didn't want to look weak in front of Jotaro. He didn't want to look weak in front of anyone, no matter the person. It made him feel vulnerable, a feeling he has hated since meeting up with Dio and letting him get taken advantage of. He brushed Jotaro off and stood up, picking up his ice-cream with him.

"It's fine. I'll be fine. It'll be nice seeing you guys every once in a while though. Promise me you'll show up at least once," Kakyoin told Jotaro as he started heading up the stairs to get back with the group. Jotaro nodded and whispered "Promise,"

Kakyoin gave Jotaro a small smile and took a lick of his ice-cream.

They both headed back up and met with the others.

"You doing okay?" Asked Avdol as he stared at Kakyoin with a worried expression written on his face. Kakyoin nodded him off and took a seat back on the bed, Jotaro copying his actions.

"I'll be booking our tickets in a few minutes, then we're going to be leaving first thing in the morning so take advantage of these moments we all still have together.  Actually wait, I have the perfect thing, " Joseph smirked as he dug into his bag that he had brought along the trip. Caesar shook his head at his friend and Joseph pulled out the only polaroid camera that was left.

"Turns out that we didn't need to use slash break this camera because of the first guy we encountered back at the airplane. So, why not take advantage of it and take one more group picture? Now that we're all together again?" He stated as he fiddled around with the settings on the camera. Everyone nodded and got together to take one more picture together as a group.

"3... 2... 1..." Readout loud the camera as it counted down the seconds before taking the picture.

Caesar was wrapping his arm against Joseph, Kakyoin and Jotaro were both standing next to each other as they looked at the camera, and Polnareff and Avdol were both crouching on the ground to make room for the rest of the Crusaders, both holding Iggy on their shoulders.

Click.

The picture gradually came out of the camera and Joseph was the first to take it. He flipped it around a bit and waited for the picture to reveal itself. After a couple of seconds, the picture was now visible.

"Aww, look at us," He whimpered as he took a closer look at the picture. He turned it around and showed it off to everyone, who looked at it in warmth.

"Let me see that real quick, " Polnareff muttered as he yanked the picture out of Joseph's grip. He ran down the stairs and was gone for a few minutes, before trotting back up to meet with the others. Once he was in view, he had a few copies of the picture he had run off to print multiple versions of.

"Here ya go, and you Mr. Joestar, get to keep the original," Polnareff grinned as he handed out each copy to each individual member of the group. They each looked at their version of the picture and all let out a smile, Iggy, however, was munching on Polnareff's leftover bits of ice cream the entire time, not giving a single damn about what was happening.

Kakyoin grasped the picture tight to his chest, as he thought about the upcoming events. He held it tight against him, knowing it'll probably be the last time he'll ever be with Jotaro and the others.

"Mr. Joestar, I wanted to talk to you about the whole you guys leaving thing. I was actually planning on possibly going with you guys. Of course I don't want to be a bother and stay at your place so I'll immediately get to work and get a small place for myself. But I just wanted to let you know," Polnareff mumbled out quietly as he rubbed his neck. Everyone turned to look at him in surprise and immediately started cheering.

"Of course you can come to stay with us Polnareff, are you kidding me? It'll be amazing to have you come with us. I'll let you stay with us for as long as you please. But if you do decide to get your own place, I own a ton of property so I'll get you a place in an instant," Joseph screamed out as he ruffled Polnareff's hair in a childish manner. Polnareff chuckled at this and brushed Joseph off once he started messing up his hair, thanking him for his offer.

Kakyoin smiled at the thought of Polnareff going with the others but was feeling a bit sorrow on the inside.

So i'm gonna be the only one leaving for good aren't I?

He chuckled at the idea and brushed it off as he paid his attention back at the group.

After a few minutes of all of them talking and catching up, Jotaro pulled Joseph aside to talk one on one with him.

"What is it Jotaro?" Groaned Joseph as Jotaro pushed him out of the groups ear-shot.

"You're still booking the flights right old man?" Jotaro questioned his grandfather. Joseph nodded at this in confusion.

"Great, book two for Japan," Jotaro told Joseph.

"Why two for Japan if Kakyoin is going by himse-"

"No, I'm not gonna let him go by himself, i'm going to go with him,"

•••
👁👄👁 i know this chapter was a bit shorter than the others, sorry for that. i'll try to make next chapter a bit more longer and interesting. also, i know i'm a bit late to this but happy pride month. have a caesar and joseph thing i did. okay bye.

 okay bye