Part 31

"How much longer till we get there, we've been walking around for hours..." Kakyoin groaned. Both boys were walking down the sidewalk as Jotaro led the way to the carnival, passing by a few small shops and people as they walked.

"A few more minutes, don't worry, I just wanted to take in being back in Japan. Imagine living here for most of your life, then having to move to shitty America with your old man. Not as great as I thought it'd be. it's pretty nostalgic being back here again," He muttered out, quickening his pace. Kakyoin did so as well and they both looked around their surroundings, taking in the beauty of Japan again. Bystanders enjoying the weather as they were quietly shopping around, minding their own business.

"It really is nice to be here again," Kakyoin mumbled out loud, looking down at his shoes with each step he took.

"Hey, could you maybe take out Hierophant? I think we may be kinda lost," Jotaro asked as he turned to look at him. Kakyoin slapped himself in the face knowing they were probably walking in circles most of the time and did so. He let out his stand and scowered the area carefully. He ended up spotting the carnival a few more blocks away and they started walking towards that direction.

After a few more minutes of walking around and continuing to get lost, they finally arrived at the carnival. They walked inside and immediately started walking towards the ticket booth. Once they were finally first in line, they ended up realizing they hadn't exchanged their euros for the yen currency.

"Fuck, are you sure you don't have any left-over yen?" Asked Kakyoin, emptying his pockets in hope of finding a few singles. Jotaro shook his head and turned to look at the vendor with confidence written across his face.

"Are you sure you can't do euros?" Jotaro stared, giving the vendor a hardening cold glare with the emotionlessness tone in his voice. The vendor looked straight at Jotaro with fear in his eyes and just shook his head, apologizing profusely, then pulling out a large roll of the tickets they were selling. He threw them at Kakyoin and cowered behind the stand. Jotaro gave him a nod and he pulled Kakyoin with him as he walked away from the scene.

"Did you just- sweet, now we can play and get on as many rides as we want with all of these tickets," Kakyoin evilly grinned as he looked at the roll of tickets in astonishment and mischief. Jotaro gave him a glance and saw the happy expression on his face, making a tiny smile grow on his own face.

"Shit, we have to try out the balloon popping one over there, look at the creepy bear, it's a must-have, " Kakyoin said, pointing at a stand with darts and balloons. He then shifted his finger towards the bear that was being hung up, a poorly made mouth and eyes sewn onto its face.

Jotaro shrugged in agreement and they started walking towards the stand. Kakyoin gave the vendor the required amount of tickets to play and received five long darts to shoot. He stood in front of the stand and a smirk grew on his face as he aligned the darts towards the target.

"You know the rules, pop all these balloons and you'll-" Was all the vendor was able to mutter out before Kakyoin stretched out his hand and perfectly popped all of the balloons with all five darts, of course using his Hierophant Green to cheat.

"That bear right there, I hate the way it looks at me, but I want it," Kakyoin let out, carefully eyeing the bear as he pointed at it with his finger. The vendor looked at Kakyoin with a jaw-dropping expression on his face and, although still in shock, lowered the bear so it was in Kakyoin's grasp. Kakyoin pulled it off the hook it was clinging on and grinned at it as he held tight onto it with one arm.

"Come on, might as well go get something to eat while we're at it," Jotaro said while walking towards a stand offering ice-cream cones.

"With what money?" Blurted out Kakyoin as he followed Jotaro. Jotaro shook his head and did the same thing he did with the ticket vendor to the ice-cream one. The ice-cream vendor cowered in fear at Jotaro's presence and offered them free ice-cream and water bottles, which both boys gladly accepted.