[Assistant]

(Well, here is chapter two. It is nice to be back to writing a page with only 1.9k words. My last few chapters on Stone Cold Pacifist were quite long, making them slightly more difficult to conclude. Sorry in advance for any errors. Anyway, enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

What I assumed to be a beautiful morning actually became shrouded in grey clouds. Grillby's was supposed to be opened by nine o'clock, though I was fairly certain that we wouldn't see anyone today.

The early morning business that I conducted had me arriving to the bar at a later hour than I expected. With only an hour until this place was opened, I made sure to remove the clothing that I wore in exchange for the dress that was given to me. It wasn't anything revealing, or too eye catching... simply casual.

Though perhaps the greyish blue color could of been exchanged for something with less tone. Deciding that it wasn't in my best interests to complain, I left the back room of the bar to start setting up tables for our unlikely guests.

From outside, I could see a faint show of rain, dripping down the large windows. Eventually, I could hear it tapping against the glass once the rainfall picked up in pace. "(Y/n), is it raining out there?"

I offered a nod to Grillby who simply huffed in annoyance. The flames that danced around him started to die down from the damper atmosphere, but I refused to comment. He wasn't one for this kind of weather, even if I enjoyed the tranquility that came with it.

A faint tapping noise from the base of my shoes could be heard as I elegantly strode towards the opposite side of the bar. I made sure to stare outside the door, only to witness a few people on the streets with umbrellas in hand. "I do not think that we will be seeing too many customers today, Grillby."

He turned his head away to show his concern. Lately, the fire Monster has been quite upset with his lack of income... but although the concept was unfortunate, it was also not unheard of. Humans were quite disrespectful of the Monsters. In fact, he could barely profit since the one who rented him this place was giving him an unfair price.

While he didn't say anything to anyone about his little problem, I was already well aware. After all, I am an informant. Though... he wasn't exactly upset for that reason. "You know Grillby, I am not bothered by it."

He turned to stare at me, his expression weaved into nothing more than discontent. "How can you expect me not to pay you back, (Y/n)? You've done so much- too much for me."

"And? You've given me a room and more discretion than I expected. That much deserves payment." I attempted to say. Though, Grillby wasn't convinced by my words. In the end, I didn't really care too much. The Mobsters were paying me sufficient cuts from the heists that I have been giving them, and in turn... I have been giving Grillby money.

Though that wasn't the real issue at this point. Several weeks ago, a few Monsters saw me in the back alley as I entered Grillby's through the special door that I had access to. I knew that they were harmless, and visited the bar from time to time... but they saw my face, so I needed to appear less suspicious. As a result, I told them that I worked for Grillby.

And since I was trying to properly play that off, I decided to ask the fire Monster to give me a job. He was fairly adamant at saying no, though eventually... he gave in. Since I was giving him payments to keep his restaurant alive, he didn't want me to lift a finger.

Anyway. Ten minutes left until I can finally open this place. "You can unlock the front door, (Y/n)."

We weren't open yet, and we probably wouldn't see anyone regardless. Shrugging my shoulders, I turned around and removed the lock, which caused a small clicking sound to be heard...