[The Shipment]

(Well, this took a little longer than I thought since I read through it a few times and found some errors, was also somewhat occupied. I couldn't leave the mistakes either, because I was terribly OCD. Anyway, enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov----

"Sans paid."

"Can you explain that differently? I'm still not sure that I understand." Grillby asked, his face held no emotion.

"Okay then." I replied with a nod. "Sans provided me with actual money in order to pay off the drink that I served him last night. The exact amount that he paid was four dollars for a single shot. The payment was made at exactly one thirty am, twenty minutes before you managed to return from your order that you put out."

"Sans paid." He repeated from me, not believing what he just said. And just like that, Grillby practically broke like a file on a computer. He remained unresponsive for the rest of the day, confused by the strange development. In fact, he probably assumed that the end of the world was coming or something.

Sans never pays. His bill was apparently ridiculous to behold- to the point where Grillby didn't even write anything down anymore. I mean, why bother when you can barely keep track anymore?

Anyway, after he came back last night... he did so with a new letter in hand. It described Papyrus' injury, and his desire for me to meet up with Sans. Honestly, since that stubborn skeleton gave me the time of day last night, I decided that I should at least give him something in return. Show him that not all Humans were bad.

So I quickly wrote out a note and left to place it at my usual letter exchanging spot. It specified a time to be met at, said time was to happen tomorrow at approximately nine am. I didn't make it a much earlier time since he'd probably feel fairly annoyed by it... also, since tomorrow was Saturday, Grillby was giving me the morning to myself. Apparently, I would be joining him for work hours just after noon.

Though... I was expecting to do something else within the morning.

In my right hand was one of the first errands that I would need to run. It was starting to get late, so the temperature was decreasing. Placing the note in my usual pick up spot, I tightened the fabric of a white scarf around my neck upon feeling a chill. It was nearly the end of October, and things were starting to get much colder with the coming night.

As I walked down the street towards a distant shop, I made sure to listen in on different conversations. Eavesdropping would generally be considered rude, but what people didn't know couldn't offend them. Being an informant meant that I did this frequently. Obtaining information from different sources, even the smallest rumor could sometimes amount to something... and in this part of town? You could hear a lot... that is, if you knew what routes to take.

"Yeah, the prices doubled." That would be a normal conversation.

"My daughter went to work early... she should be getting groceries now." Well, that one was probably over the phone or something.

"Shit this job sucks. Why do we have to be out here anyway?" Ah... now there is something that might be better.

"Don't know man. I mean, we lost the shipment five fucking years ago." Someone responded. To think that they were simply calling this the shipment. I mean, it probably helps against sneaky little- oh right. I'm eavesdropping. "And to think that we're this far out lookin' around."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I heard that some damn investigator from England showed up to snoop around. Seems they don't like where our business is goin'." Oh... so that man behind Grillby's shop... hmm... and he keeps meeting up there, sometimes waiting for someone. I'll have to be more careful with my late night casual walks. I don't want to attract too much attention to the bar. Spying is one thing, but something like an investigation is another. "The English mafia has a hand in everything. If we don't find the shipment soon, there's gonna be trouble."