[A Race]

(So then, today I am going to try and get out as many updates as possible. Also, I started to create a WD.Gaster x an Oc that I made, it is in the form of a comic strip which I will post in the next chapter. I am mainly doing this as a type of practice, to see how fast I can sketch out everything... because I am curious- so I decided that I might as well create something that you guys can enjoy too! So I will post it at the end of the next page, and on my tumblr! I hope that it doesn't look blurry or something, let me know if it does so I can fix it! Anyway, Enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

I tapped my fingers against the bar's counter in slight irritation. The sound was obviously unnerving, but Sans managed to maintain his posture against it. Since I couldn't really scorn him as an informant, I instead chose to do it as a person. "I warned you, Sans. You shouldn't of gotten involved... those guys are dangerous."

Thinking back to how I found Grillby on that cold and dampened day... it made me find more affirmation behind the words that I spoke. I literally found myself watching from a distance, as men from the Ravens interrogated any public bar, or even inn... and because Grillby was a Monster, they found reason to discriminate against him.

Originally, I wasn't going to intervene. Though once I saw him still alive as they shoved him into a body bag, I decided to make up my mind. I waited further down, in the waters of the river where I wouldn't be seen so that I could pull him out. But that still didn't change how responsible I felt for not trying to do something sooner- especially after I managed to get so close to him. 

"Ya sound like ya know em' personally, sweetheart." Sans said, dragging me away from my memories.

"I've had... a less than favorable interference with them." I muttered out while turning my head away. Grillby hated a conversation like this, but thankfully he wasn't here. Nearly drowning to his death was absolutely traumatic for him, for a fire Monster.

"Lemme' guess. It had somethin' ta do with Grillbz's little incident?" Pausing at his words, I realized that he was told... something about what happened.

"Yes..." I confirmed before taking a sip of my tea. Pulling away from the cup, I never knew about this particular type. It was, in fact... amazing. "If I hadn't been there... Grillby would of been swimming with the fishes by now."

There was suddenly silence in the room. Neither of us spoke in the slightest, and the only sound from Sans was a familiar one of him lighting a cigar. Out of instinct, I took an ash tray and put it up in front of him.

"I can't tell if that was a joke, or if ya were bein' literal." He stated. Sans exhaled a puff of white while searching through my expression for an answer. Once he found what he was looking for, his eye lights dimmed as smoke rose from his cigar. "Give me some kind of information, sweets. I'd really appreciate it."

Turning around to lean my back against the counter, my (H/l) (H/c) hair danced quickly with the faster movement. I didn't even notice Sans' desire to reach out to grab a strand, as if he were curious about how soft it was. "I think that investigator has a friend."

Now that caught Sans' attention, even if it was only slightly. "In fact, it seemed unlikely at first until I saw it for myself. I mean... an American agent working with an investigator from England?"

"How do ya know that he's from England?" He suddenly asked as he tapped the tip of his cigar against the ash tray. I turned my head slightly... trying to contemplate my next move. And also- to try and understand why that skeleton didn't smell like strictly smoke.

"Well, he dropped something last time that he was here. And, he has an English accent from what I could make out."

Carefully, I fished through a few drawers behind the counter until I managed to pull out a card. I passed the object to Sans casually, and he turned it around every now and then to stare at it.