[Accident]

(Sorry that this took longer than anticipated to get out. But anyway, it is here now! So I hope that you all enjoy!~)

---Sans' Pov---

Grillby has been handing me frequent notes from the informant... I guess that they have been leaving them at the bar for him to pick up- which is why he now has three days a week out of this place.

It also hasn't been too long since my date with (Y/n)... and admittedly, I really couldn't stop thinking about her. We took things slow, and I found it to be more relaxing than I initially thought. I mean, knowing how a lot of the other gals were in this place... I thought that I was going to be in for something annoying. However, she was pleasant to be around, and very interesting.

For the first time in awhile, I felt my mask falling to the little miss that sat so close to me. The way she lowly chuckled, how she responded to me and even her posture made me lean more into the comfort of the royal blue couch. Sure, if someone else were in the room with us... I wouldn't have gone soft.

After hearing what she had to say about being thankful for me being her first date... I felt unmistakably happy. But then... when she showed her disbelief over my lack of hatred, I was met with a problem. I like her, and I knew that in order to get anywhere... that I'd need to prove myself.

My Soul had this longing desire to hear her play the piano, or to just be within her presence. Sure that could of sounded a little forward... but at the same time? Not really. I have been hanging out with (Y/n) for awhile now, constantly in her presence. That date that I had with her made me want a little more of that relaxing moment. In fact, I was longing for it.

For the past few years, I've been on edge with how all of us Monsters have been treated... and retreating into a hideout to become apart of a mafia group was nothing short of stressful. (Y/n), on the other hand, gave me something to look forward to for once.

I just didn't like one particular thing... if I hadn't been so harsh, maybe she'd be here. Sitting on my lap while talking about the different kinds of candy in the world. We haven't known each other for the longest time, but it feels like it's been years. I don't know why it feels that way- but it does.

Which brings me back to this moment into the evening, with a container of cookies in hand. I strolled into the bar when things were finally closing up. One or two stray Monsters were making an effort to scurry out of the bar, obviously terrified for whatever reason.

Coming up to the bar, I saw Grillby behind the counter. He was already pouring me a shot as my eyes scanned the room in search of (Y/n). "Where's the little miss?"

The fire Monster froze for a moment, having a bit of an aggressive look to him as he clutched a bottle of wine that he was putting away firmly. "I brought her somethin'."

I added while waving the container that I held around. He seemed to have a softer expression at that, but... why did he seem so... angry. "She... is in the back. Give her a moment."

I raised a none existent brow before taking off my hat. My eye lights peered off into the direction of the door that led off into the back room. With a little more observation, I noted that the counter had a slightly charred edge to it... "Did uh... somethin' happen?"

Grilby paused at the question, his eyes were visible behind his glasses for a split second. They were narrowed, making him seem very serious. ".....Grillbz?"

...........

"She told me..." Grillby muttered, turning away slightly to avoid eye contact with me. "She told me that she dropped a glass. But... you don't get cut like that from dropping a glass."