[Before The Storm]

(So I may have time for two updates tomorrow? If not, then I might do more consecutive ones this weekend. Of course I am not entirely sure yet- though I do want to give you guys the best content so- speaking of which, been writing something lately that might peak your guys interest ;) Though you all know how surprises go. Anyway, enjoy!~)

---Sans' Pov---

"C'mon kiddo. Your birthday is in like- two days... ya must want somethin'." I asked desperately. Since I always put everything off until the last second with how busy work has been and all, I got a long and vicious talk from Paps. He wasn't too amused by how I procrastinated on Frisk's birthday... and neither was Toriel. "Gimme' somethin, bucko. Tori and Paps will kill me if I don't get-"

"(Y/n)." They deadpanned. I gave Frisk a long stare of confusion, their face was completely neutral as I gawked at them. Honestly, my expression was pretty blank on the outside... though I was asking a million questions in my head. I was about to pull out a cigar, but instead I moved to put both of my hands in my coat's pockets.

"Listen, pal. I don't think that Tori will let ya have yer party at the bar." I mused. And it was the truth, Toriel traditionally hosted a huge party for them, and considered it rude if they decided to decline going to it. Since the goat lady took the time to prepare everything last month, she wouldn't be too thrilled about switching everything around.

"Then bring her here?" They stated, as if it were the easiest thing in the world for me.

"Uh, Frisk. I don't think that she likes me THAT much." When I explained this to them, I thought back to when she was drugged... yeah, (Y/n) probably wasn't too fond of me, even if I got her back home safely in the end. Sadly, Frisk was stuck doing homeschool things and wasn't allowed to leave, and with only two days until the party... "I mean, without a heads up on your party... she probably wont come."

"Sans, can't you persuade her? Pleeease?" Once their pleading started, I let out a loud groan of defeat. Honestly, that whole 'please' thing really works well, even on me at this point... especially since I needed to do something for them to get the others off my back.

"I'll try to. But- what if she says no?" I suddenly asked. Honestly, Frisk's face fell into a twisted grin that put me slightly on edge... it was the kind of expression that someone would make when they were ready to pull a sadistic prank.

"Come on, Sans! You've been on a lot of heists, right?" They chirped before reaching both of their arms up to steal my fedora. As I moved out of the way to avoid their attempts, the kid pouted in my direction. "This should be easy for you!"

.................

God what is this kid getting me in to? The little miss is gonna kill me- though her reaction did have me pretty curious. "I'll see what I can do. Anyway, need ta go on a meetin'. See ya, bucko."

And with that, I was gone.

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

Looking up into the vast gray skies, I spotted several white specks falling from the clouds. I couldn't help my infatuation with the shift in weather, winter was after all, my favorite season. Thinking back to how I lived a long time ago, I never got to enjoy the snow.

Last year when Grillby learned that I never really got to experience the cold icy world, he gave me this long talk about his hometown always being surrounded by winter. I smiled at the concept, especially once he showed me a few pictures... though, I wasn't expecting for him to drag me out to some kind of activity called ice skating. Honestly, he probably spent more time laughing at my constant stumbling and falls once he saw me on the ice...