[Like A Contract]

(Alright, alright... I admit it. The truth is.... I am lazy. I was supposed to put out the next chapter of Preservation Tale, but I got a little preoccupied with some other things? So instead, I will be giving you guys a little piece of art to go with this chapter. So read further down into this page to get a look at it ^-^ Anyway, enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

I wasn't sure what was more uncomfortable. The fact that Sans didn't mind that his hand was on my ass... or that I was thrown over his shoulder, being carried around. Honestly, I doubt that I was very fond of either. And what made it worse? Probably that cocky grin that he was wearing the whole time.

I pressed both of my elbows into his back, trying to gain some kind of ground while in this unusual position. A few Monsters were staring straight at me, watching Sans' departing figure at the same time. All the while, I could spot Frisk from around a corner... sending me a thumbs up?

Right. So how did this happen?

Well, it all started earlier this morning when Sans broke into the bar. We weren't open yet, but he had a distant look in his... missing eye lights. That serious expression put me on edge, causing me to stop wiping a table so that I could stare into the void-like abyss of his stare.

It was yesterday when I went on that interesting mission with him... when I decided to make everyone believe that the Monster informant was now dead. In all honesty, I took that approach because of something that the Alphas were planning... they were getting so annoyed at Sans for grabbing their resources as they came in, that they were planning to attack the Mobsters unless some kind of alternative could be reached.

So... I killed off my informant role.

Brushing that aside, I looked at Sans with an exhausted expression. He seemed very awake, which was strange for six in the morning. "Sans... we're not opened yet. It's Christmas, so we're going to be extremely busy."

He paused for a moment, his gaze locking with mine. Suddenly, the skeleton noticeably calmed down and went to his regular seat... that's when I noticed something very strange. He wasn't wearing his coat, hat or even gloves... Sans must of been in quite a hurry. "Christmas, eh? That Human holiday that Frisk and Paps are into?"

"Yes, that would be the one." I mused with a small laugh. Coming up to Sans, I took notice of a few rings on his phalanges, I hadn't really seen them before... then again, he was usually wearing gloves. Without having to even ask, I poured him some tea. "So then, is everything all right?"

"Nope." He groaned, grabbing the cup from me with a small huff. I gestured for him to explain why, causing Sans to sigh slightly. "Well, I woke up feeling kinda stressed out. Papyrus and Frisk were hovering over my bed... excited as ever."

"Okay... that doesn't seem too terrible?" I tried to say, but Sans only snorted in response.

"Yeah, but when they suddenly notice..." He paused for a moment, shivering. "They bring up going for a morning run ta clear m' mind."

"Ah... so that's why you're not dressed? You tried to escape from them?" I asked, smirking slightly. Sans took notice of how humored I was, but he didn't seem too amused... the look was only there for a split second before he eased his expression into a grin.

"Anyway, sweets. It's Christmas, right?" He began, chuckling deeply as he slid a ring off of one of his phalanges. I took a look at it with confusion, not expecting his sudden interest over the 'Human' holiday. "So I want ta give ya somethin' of mine. It's called a promise ring."