[Lack Of Interest]

(Well, I don't have too much to say this round haha. Just drinking my tea at this hour, trying to write all at the same time. A very pleasant day in all honesty. Anyway, enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

Loud noises sounded from behind a large door. When Sans pushed it open, we both walked into a massive room with several tables put up around the edges. Food lined the wooden tables, and Monsters stood around talking, laughing and some... dancing?

They had some music being played in the background, but nothing too extreme.

"I see that you forgot Frisk's birthday... again." A female voice spoke. I could feel Sans' arm go tense for a brief moment, as if he were ready to dodge an attack that didn't come this time... maybe because I was too close to him?

Was I... a Human shield...?

"Heh... Tori, I didn't forget!" Sans stated with his opposite hand up, trying to show sincerity. A large white goat stepped in front of him, she was dressed in classier clothing... and a very lovely hat. Her red eyes glared at the skeleton briefly, before suddenly switching over to me. Though, it was in such a moment that her stare widened in surprise. Why? Because...

"Oh! It's you!" She said with a bright smile. This wasn't our first meeting, and Sans gave me a look of surprise. Frisk quickly ran through the crowds of Monsters, shouting something that I didn't quite catch until they were closer... they ran at me with nothing but pure determination.

"CHEESECAKE BUDDY!!!!" With that yelled at the top of their lungs, their body immediately tackled into my chest. Being thrown from Sans' arm, I stumbled back but managed to maintain my balance as Frisk cuddled themselves further into me. "YOU REALLY CAME! THANK YOU, SANS!"

Yes Sans. Thanks for abducting me. You are an inspiration to every thief plotting a nefarious robbery. "Good morning, Frisk. I trust that you are well?"

They smiled wildly at me while Sans chuckled at their energy. It was only nine am, but they were ready to start their party. "Oh! So this is (Y/n)? I didn't have the pleasure of getting your name last time! How thrilled I am to finally learn it!"

"O-oh... well, I do apologize, Lady Toriel." I began. I met the former Queen of the Underground about three years ago, several months before I managed to associate myself with Sans and Papyrus. At the time, despite living with Grillby... I was very suspicious of everyone. In fact, I rarely shared my name. "Regardless, I hope that you have been safe since then?"

"Of course. And no need to apologize, child. I'm just glad that you were there to save me!" Toriel replied with a bright smile. Sans looked between our conversation with a lot of confusion. Normally, he probably would of lit a cigar while trying to figure out what was going on... but judging by his lack of action, I could only guess Toriel's reaction to that.

"Wait..." Frisk muttered before looking back at Toriel. They pulled themselves away from my body, only to gesture a single finger in my direction. "She's the one who... no way!"

"Uh. So what am I missin'?" The skeleton couldn't bare to be left out anymore, so he spoke up with a raised eyebrow. Toriel smiled warmly as she approached him, obviously very happy.

"Sans, you brought her here? For Frisk's birthday party?" He nodded at what she said, still looking confused as she wrapped her arms around him. "This child saved my life about three years ago. And now that you brought her here... ah, I must admit that I was wrong. You're not a pile of useless bones."

"Gee. thanks, lady. Means a lot comin' from ya." He mused with a relieved sigh. "Wait... uh... care to elaborate on that?"

"Oh? Ah, how rude of me..." She began with a small laugh. "It happened a long time ago, but I think about it every time I leave this place. You see, three years ago I was attacked by a group of vicious Humans. They had guns and threatened to kill me for being a Monster... (Y/n) here stepped in while I was wounded and somehow managed to make them leave. Admittedly, I was a little unconscious at the time... so I do not remember much aside from her shouting at them. Though when I came to, she was crouching beside me, bandaging my wounds. Such a sweet girl..."