t w e n t y t w o

A/N: pretty long chapter~ but I couldn't split this in two, it wouldn't flow, ya know ?

━━━━ ☔︎ ━━━━
Internal Noise
━━ ☔︎ ━━

"Ah~ my back hurts from picking up all those damn cups..." I spoke to myself as I entered my apartment. I lazily took my shoes off, feeling the wall for the light swit-

"AAAAAHHH!!!"

In front of me stood a tall figure with a deformed face. It's eyes were hollow and horrible fangs came out of its mouth.

"AAAH! WHAT THE FUCK!!" I felt myself falling back, having slipped on the shoe I had just taken off. The figure leaped forward and grabbed my arm. "DON'T TOUCH ME!!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

Too freaked out by the sudden jump scare, I hadn't had time to process who could be behind such a hideous mask, until I heard his voice.

"Take that shit off right now!" I commanded, and he did as told. Pulling it off his head only to flash me a mischievous smile. He laughed at my reaction. "Oh you think this is funny?" I was finally able to get a hold on myself and stood up from the floor, dusting my clothes off in the process.

"A little," he laughed, "your face was priceless!"

I hit his arm. I didn't want to laugh along but I couldn't stay mad at him for too long. "You almost gave me a heart attack," I muttered, making my way to the living room where I dropped my purse and jacket. I felt a pair of hands snake around my waist, enveloping me in a warm hug. I slowly turned around to face him, "what are you doing here, Hyuck? It's late."

He smiled and pecked my lips, "well... I knew you would be stressed because of that dance, and I know you love Halloween, so before the night was over I wanted you to relieve some of that stress," he squeezed his arms around my waist a bit more. "And you thought scaring me was the best option?" He shook his head, pouting a bit as he got closer to my face. His eyes wondered between my own and my lips. Not staying in the same place for too long, "I have something else planned..." he smirked, "why don't you go shower first?"

I pushed back from him, "Hyuck, I'm tired. I'm not in the mood."

"You don't even know what I have planned!" He defended himself.

I looked him up and down. He was in his sweats and that old blue shirt he always wore. It was so worn out that the neck of it stretched to the sides and down to a ridiculous level. I tried to find the intentions behind his pushing, but he was hard to decipher, so I decided to give him a chance.

"Fine," I mumbled as I walked to the bathroom.

— ☔︎ —

I hand-dried bits of my hair that had gotten wet as I walked back into the living room. He sat comfortably on the couch, messing around with something I couldn't see because of the layout of my apartment.

"What are you doing?" I popped my head over his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck as I looked at what he held, "what's that?"

"Halloween," he replied, moving his head to the side to plant a kiss on my cheek.

"We're watching 'Halloween' on Halloween? Nice."