t h i r t y n i n e

━━━━ ☔︎ ━━━━
Internal Noise
━━ ☔︎ ━━

Taeyong had an awkward expression as he looked at me. I figured it was finally time to get out of the water, so I did.

It was starting to get late, and with the sun setting, the night was getting chilly. The moment I was fully out of the water, I shivered. My dress stuck to my body like a glove, but before I could start feeling self conscious about the way Taeyong's eyes, purposely or not, scanned my body, a towel was wrapped around me.

"Thanks," I told Hyuck, but he only stared at Taeyong, a look similar to a glare.

Damn... I hope he doesn't take this the wrong way.

"Hy-"

"You should take a shower, change out of that dress," he ruffled my hair with the corner of the towel and smiled lovingly. It was the complete opposite look as the one I had just witnessed. I didn't know how good of an idea it would be to leave them alone this fast, but I did anyway. I had to.

Everything will be fine. I kept telling myself.

When I finally got back down, everyone was eating. I sat next to Taeyong who seemed a bit more quiet than the others. He looked uncomfortable. Of course he was.

I should've thought this through... he doesn't know anyone else here.

"How's the food?" I asked, "sorry I took so long."

He smiled, "it's okay, and the food's pretty good."

I tried a bit of it and was surprised by the taste, "not bad Jaem!" I gave him a thumbs up.

"Thank you," he happily took the compliment.

"You enjoying yourself? You don't feel left out right?" I worriedly faced Taeyong again.

"I'm fine, you're friends are really nice."

"And Haechan? Have you two talked?" At that he gave me a weird look. "Tae, c'mon just give him a chance..."

"You should've told me he would be here," his voice was stern as he picked at his food.

"He's my boyfriend, of course he would come."

He looked up at me, a look of disbelief on his face. I sighed, "can't you at least try to get along? You don't have to be friends. But in the future... when we all spend time together like this again I don't want it to be awkward. Tae... please? For me?"

"Alright," he finally gave in, "for you."

"Thanks," I smiled sweetly.

The rest of the night went by rapidly. It was an awful lot of fun, and even though Hyuck and Tae didn't interact much, they seemed to at least not be bothered by each other's presence.

It was a step in the right direction!

— ☔︎ —

"So what's the deal with your boyfriend and Taeyong? They're so weird around each other," Chaerin randomly asked as we walked through the convenience store isle. "Is he your ex?"