t h i r t y f i v e

A/N: 6k reads <3 you guys are awesome

━━━━ ☔︎ ━━━━
Internal Noise
━━ ☔︎ ━━

It was the weekend before the start of winter brake. The kids would be out of school for a few  weeks and us teachers would get a much deserved brake. Well, I would be getting that brake too if it weren't for the fact that I was unemployed...

My tutoring sessions were going really well though. The pay was good for what it was, and I signed up to be placed on the substitute roster, hopefully trying to earn an extra buck.

That Friday though, wasn't about work. It was about the thing I regretted losing the most—aside from my precious students, of course—the winter musical.

We had worked so hard to make it as professional as we could, even with the small budget that thief of a principal had given us. I hadn't realized I had given up on that the moment I quit.

At least Taeyong was co-directing it... I hope he did well...

We still weren't on speaking terms. Neither of us has made an effort to make up, but the time had come for things to change. There was no way in hell I wouldn't go watch the show I had worked so hard for! And like it or not, he was going to have to see me.

— ☔︎ —

I sat in the middle-back of the auditorium, happily spectating the performance the students managed to pull off. It was amazing! Better than I expected it to turn out.

Did something happen after I left? How did they manage to get the money to buy all those extra props and to decorate the stage so well?

After the show ended, I headed backstage. I knew I shouldn't, since I didn't work there anymore, but I needed to see my kids one last time.

"That was amazing!" I spoke as I peeked my head into the crowded room behind the stage.

"Ms. Nari!" Some students yelled, while others just looked at me surprised.

"Ms. Nari, why did you leave us?" Jisung asked.

"It's not the same without you!" Yuna added.

"I'm sorry guys, I wish I could've been here 'till the end. I should've come sooner-" my sentence got interrupted by Jeongin's arms wrapping around me.

"We missed you, Ms. Nari," he said as he snuggled me.

I felt tears starting to appear at the corners of my eyes. Those kids were really shaking up my emotions! Soon enough, Hyeongjoon hugged me too, and the others were quick to follow, enveloping me in one big, warm, group hug.

"I missed you all too, so much!" Slowly, but surely, I started to cry. My happy tears mixed with the saddening feeling of having to part ways with my kids again.

"Hmh hmh!" Someone cleared their throat behind us, making our hug dismantle. I turned around, wiping the tears from my eyes just to come face-to-face with Taeyong.

The person I dreaded seeing most in that moment.

I had told myself I would work this out, that I would talk to him, but as the seconds passed and we just stood there in an awkward silence, I started to forget how I wanted him to apologize for hurting my feelings... instead, all I really needed was my friend back.