Chapter 1

So wattpad is on weeds again and hence it is showing this book under public domain. But I would like to clear it that all the rights to this book are reserved.

Copyright © 2020 by RadheyPanchaali

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher. Infringement of the same may draw severe legal charges.

Kindly note this story has mature themes. May not be appropriate for every age group, if you wish you could just skip the mature part as I will be putting warning from where it starts and ends, so you won't miss anything important!

****

Panchaali's POV:

"Panchaali! Panchaali! get down here right this moment!" Mata Kritika's voice had me jumping up in fear as my hand knocked on the glass that was kept on the kitchen counter making it fall on the ground and shatter.

"Mata?" I asked as I rushed towards her, not really caring about the broken glass at the moment. "Where is the red saree that I brought for my daughter Kirti?" She shouted furious as she looked at me, her dark eyes glaring at me with so much hate like I was a pest and not her daughter.

I trembled as I moved towards the section where I kept the saree, I pulled it out and laid it on the bed carefully. "The jewelry?" She demanded, I moved towards the beautiful wooden box and got out the jewelry, the beautiful jewelry was something out of this world, "the footwear?" She asked, her teeth gritting together as I looked up at her, I lowered my eyes instantly and got the shoes and kept it next to her bed, she hummed and made a motion with her hand for me to leave.

"Suno!" She called out making me freeze as my heart beat wildly in my chest, "The food better be ready before its lunch time." She warned me making me nod. "Now leave! I don't want to see your ugly face more than needed." Her voice was sharp, I know what she said was true that I was ugly, she never failed to make me realise that, even it being the truth my heart still hurt at her words, weren't mothers supposed to love regardless of what they looked like.

I bit my lip as I walked towards the kitchen my heart silently bleeding, I recalled how few weeks back I was born from the fire of the yagn, I was supposed to make my family happy but I was miserably at the job.

All I brought was disappointment to them, tears traced down my cheeks as I walked down towards the kitchen, it wasn't my fault that they didn't want me, I didn't know why the gods forced my father to accept another child when clearly after bhraata Dhrishtadyumn, what did it get them? Nothing, I just became the unwanted burden on them.

I broke out of my trace as white blinding pain ran through my body making me shut my eyes and hold back a scream, as my eyes travelled down I looked at the huge piece of glass that had pierced through my foot, blood was everywhere.

The daasis looked at me with shock and pained, they stepped forward to help me but I shook my head. "No don't if mata saw you she will hurt you. I don't want that to happen." I requested as I lowered myself to the ground, the pain wanting me to scream but I stayed quite, not wanting anyone to worry.

"But Rajkumari..." The dasi protested as her gaze looked at my bleeding feet, I forced a smile through my tears as I shook my head, "Don't worry I'll manage, you get back to your work, if someone saw you talking to me or helping me they'll tell mata and you'll be punished." I almost pleaded, I couldn't take the guilt of another poor servant being beaten to death because they tried to help me, I sighed as she left, my eyes trailing back to my bleeding foot.