Chapter 21

"Panchaali!" Arjun called as he entered their chambers, she looked up from where she sat folding the clothes, a smile playing on her lips as she hummed, "arya?" She looked up as she heard his voice, a smile appearing on her face, as she looked at her husband, he looked exquisite with his neck long hair fluttering near his neck, his body glistening with sweat, she blushed as she gazed at him, he smirked as he walked in his room like a predator who was moving towards it's prey, a smile played on his lips as he watched her squirm under his intense gaze.

"See something you like wifey?" He teased, his voice husky as he winked at her making her cheeks turn a brighter shade of red, her eyes lowered. He smirked, he loved to see her squirming and embarrassed, she was just so adorable. He put his finger under her chin and made her look up, the hazel orbs clashed with the dark ones, love and devotion swarm the later one. He couldn't stop the smile from blooming on his face as he lowered his head to kiss her forehead, his lips lingering there a bit more than needed, he wanted to back away but the close proximity and the feeling of completion that washed over him every time he touched her was something he could never put in words, the utter devotion and love that she had him always made him feel a bit scared, what if he lost her? Or broke that trust that someday? He would die. He ran his fingers through her long curls, his heart jolting in his chest, the soft rhythmic thump became wild, like they always did when she was around.

He lowered his head as his eyes fell on the soft luscious lips, the soft pink colour of those had him mesmerised, as they were slightly parted, beckoning him to come and taste, pulling him in, he felt her tremble in pleasure in his arms as gooseflesh broke throughout her body, her face was a mixture of shyness and anticipation, the perfect picture of love she looked. He traced her cheeks, marvelling her soft cheeks under his fingers, the perfect painting that god her made her, why was she so beautiful? How did she manage to make him forget everything when he saw her? What was it about her? The velvety soft cheeks under his fingers were like magic, a miracle, she was a miracle in his life, her presence was. His lips curved in a dreamy smile, every time the same reaction, every time he thought that maybe today he won't get lost in her and every time he failed.

His fingers touched her soft pink lips, the rough pad of his warrior hands were not used to touch something so delicate, it was like touching the petal of a beautiful flower, his callous hands were not accustomed to hold someone so delicate and precious, he was used to the hard rough world of war, the gore and blood. The fleeing of a watching the light in the eyes of person dim when they died, he was used to people cry and beg, he was used to the violence and destruction, to him it was his life, the war. But now, she's here,with all her love and devotion, the elegant beauty, who made his world tilt on its axis with just a smile, he was not used to the feeling of someone holding so much power on him. He was not used to the feeling of love, the fluttering of butterflies that she made him feel every time she was around, he was a warrior for god sake! Not a teenager to feel all this. But she made him feel, she made him alive, she showed him that a world existed out of gore and blood, that there was a greater happiness than winning a war,that losing in love is the best feeling one can ever have. He erased all the space between them, his lips caressed her soft ones, barely touching. He wanted to say something, the put all his feelings that he had for her, but that was not just possible. How does he explain it to her who she was to him? How important one smile of hers was to him? How the mundane task of just folding the clothes felt like the world's most interesting thing when it was she who did it? How does he explain to her that when she walked every time in a room,his eyes could only focus on her? How does he explain the love he had for her? Was it even love? He felt so much more than simple love, he loved his family and friends but when it came to her,it was a totally different thing. This feeling of over protectiveness, the over possessiveness that washed over him because of her, it was maddening, an anger worse than he felt ever before yielded him to do things that he could never think of before, but she brought out the best in him too, he wanted to be a better king and husband, a better warrior, a better son and brother to his family,everyday, all because of her.