Chapter 18

Arjun looked at his wife a smile on his face as he watched her from his palace in Indraprasth. A smile playing on his lips, his life couldn't have been any better, time had passed faster than he could have ever imagined, Panchaali mourned her family for a long time but the responsibilities as a queen and his wife helped her overcome her pain.

Slowly she returned back to normal. It would have taken longer if he had told her the truth, how her family was killed, all he said that when he reached it was too late, he was only able to save her. She believed him, he didn't see the point of telling her about how her mother killed her father, Shikhandini and Dhrishtadyumn, how she tried killing Panchaali. He didn't want to burden her, they were gone, dead and it was time she moved ahead.

A smile appeared on his face as he watched her talk with the little girls of the servants, they were showing her a doll and saying something, she giggled and laughed with them. He sighed as he turned around and moved in his study, tons of papers lay on his table to go through, he sighed as he began working. Being a king was not easy, his  father however wanted each of her sons to have a kingdom of their own.

He never wished to be a king but could never deny the wishes of his father, so he agreed and built a kingdom all on its own, his wife standing by with him through all his decisions. The once barren and abandoned lands of Khandavprasth were now flourishing into a very beautiful Kingdom.

A mischievous smile appeared on his face as he heard her wife enter, she was trying to be sneaky, he smiled, did she really forget that he was Gandivdhaari Arjun. He bit back a chuckle as he felt her soft fingers wrap around his eyes, he smiled, "Priye."  He called as he wrapped his hand around her wrist and pulled her in front of him, she smiled as she looked down at him, his heart easing the moment he saw her smile, it was like every time his world lit up.

"What has my queen up to today?" He asked as he gazed at her, she blushed, he pulled her in his arms making her sit on his lap sideways. She blushed, her eyes lowering, "I had decided to meet a few of the women from north side of our kingdom to discuss their issues there. But it's cloudy, soon it will rain so my plan got cancelled." She pouted as she looked at him, he smiled as he looked at her with smile. "Oh really." He said she nodded, "So what does my queen want to do?" He asked as he began to kiss his way down to her neck, her hand tightened on his angvastr as she looked at him, "Arya promise me we'll do what I want." She said with an excited tone, mischievousness sparkling her eyes, making him raise his brow at her, "Why does this sound fishy?" He asked playfully, she giggled, "promise me arya..." she whined as she looked at him, his amusement increased as he rubbed her cheeks, "Um hm. Try convincing me." He said with a smirk,  "I'll do whatever you say! Promise!" She said as she looked up at him, he smirked as he pressed a quick kiss on her lips,"Than I promise." He relented as he wrapped his hands around her waist as she hugged him tightly, "Thank you!" She said over and over again making him chuckle.

She stood up tugging at his hand, he chuckled, "Where princess?"  He asked as he chuckled moving behind his very excited wife, who pulled them to their kitchen, Arjun signalled everyone to leave and they did, "I want you to cook." She said making him cough in surprise as he looked at her like she had grown another head, "Sweetheart I am archer my expertise lies in wars not kitchen." He said as he scratched the back of his head. She smiled as she looked at him, "I know, I promised the village kids that I will get them something made by both the king and the queen, so maybe just help me." She said pouting, he chuckled as he pressed a kiss on her nose, "So I am your assistant chef?" He teased, her eyes lit in humour as she shook her head, "Nope, You're my trainee." She teased, he kept his hand on his heart as he pretended to be hurt, "oh my heart. Did I just get demoted?" He said dramatically, she rolled her eyes, "Maybe." She whispered as she stuck her tongue out making him chuckle.

Arjun helped her around as she taught him how to cook, "Arya open that and get the flour,please." She said pointing at the container, he tried to open it, it was stuck, he applied a little more energy and it open with a jolt, the flour covering her face, Panchaali doubled over laughing as she noticed the flour marring her husband's face, he coughed, the flour coming out of his mouth, she laughed harder, tears tracing down her cheeks. He squinted his eyes at her, giving her a mock glare, "You think this is funny?" He asked threateningly, she giggled as she nodded, trying to bite back the giggles but they won't just stop. "You!!!"  He called as he ran towards her, she squealed, "Arya! No!" She called as she ran around the kitchen, him following her, "Oh yes!" He called out as his arms wrapped around her waist as he pulled her hard in his chest as he swung her in his arms, twirling her, her giggles filled the air as he chuckled with her. Joy lighting their eyes, he pressed her against the table, his hands on either side as he looked at her face, his hand moving to the flour, fisting it and applying it on her cheeks like the holi colour, "Now we match!" He exclaimed, "You're crazy!" She giggled as she called out to him, squealing as he tickled her, "Yes about you!" He called out,  "arya!!!!"  She squealed as she giggled aloud, he continued to chuckle at her words as she giggled, she tried to squirm away but he held her firmly in place as she looked at him.

"Mercy!" She squealed, he kissed her lips as his hands wrapped around her waist, his lips moving against hers with a fervour, ceasing all her laughs, he put his forehead against hers, "You're the best thing that ever happened to me my darling." He whispered as he cupped her cheek, his breathing coming out in short pants as he looked at her, her cheeks turned rosy red.

"I love you arya." She whispered, his head thudded wildly in his chest, he hadn't expected her to say the words, it was like his world had stopped revolving as he looked at her, "Repeat it." He commanded as he looked at her, she blushed as she squirmed, "I love you." She whispered, her gaze lowered on the floor as she fidgeted, his fingers gripped her chin making her look up at him, his gaze clashing with hers, his intense eyes holding hers captive, "Now tell me." He said, "I love you." She whispered, her eyes looking into his, reflecting her emotions as he looked at her, "I love you so much more princess." He whispered intensely making her heart thud, he loved her? She couldn't believe it, he loved her! Happiness surged through her heart as his lips molded against hers, fusing as one, he kissed her with all the love and adoration that he possessed making her forget all about the past, present and future, in this moment the only thing mattered to him was her and for her he mattered the most. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

***