2

-Gab-

It's our 5th and last day of the convention. The remaining two days will be free for us to stroll and chill.

Today, we are going to attend a five hour free clinic check up in one of the biggest hospital in New York.

Yumi and Maine have their own post since we all practice different specials

Yumi's specialize in OB-Gyne. She's also a Dietitian. While Maine specialize in Pediatric. I also specialize in Pediatric, but I also practice Cardiology.

It has been a long day but I still have 1 more patient to meet. I read her patient profile.

Moonlight Alexander-Brinkman

Brinkman? Could it be??

I fix my coat and inhale and exhale breathes before I call for her.

" Mrs. Brinkman??"

That sounds weird calling someone the title you once dream to have.

A very pregnant woman entered the clinic.

Wearing a bright pretty smile, black round orbs of an eye, fair skin complexion, neatly braided hair.

" Hi, Doctor!"

" Hello, there. If ahmm. Im sorry? Are you supposed to see the OB?"

" Im supposed to see you."

There's a silent pause after that. A brief eye contact made me realize who this patient is. This is the girl who I saw with Jack.

" I mean, Im here for my heart check up. My cardiologist's secretary said I am meeting Dr. Moses for my check up today."

" Ow, yeah. That's me."

I stood up and offered my hand for a shake that she accept immediately.

" Have a sit. Are you alone? Im sorry, I thought you're looking for the OB since you're pregnant."

" It's okay. Im all by myself today. My husband is meeting his long lost friends today. You wouldnt really see us together in here if its not an OB appointment."

" Ow-kay. By the way, Im Dr. Gabrielle Moses. Im actually here for a practice clinic for pediatric but there's two if us who practices pediatric so, they put me here."

" Really? I heard you are one of the best Cardio in Missuori."

" Ahm.. Im still a learning process. 😊"

" Ten successful major Cardio operations within three years after you had your specialization. That was pretty amazing."

" Thank you. Anyway, let me see this for awhile..."

She nodded as I review her record. Arrhythmia ( Ventricular Tachycardia )

I was taken back for a moment. And then look at her still, smiling face.

" Arrhytmia? Seriously? Your preg..--"

" Im not taking any medications anymore. So my baby is safe."

" This is a rare case. You do know that you can die because of your condition right?"

" Yes."

" Havent you considered terminating your--"

" Nope. That's completely illegal. Ahmm.. Atleast for me. Im a Filipino-American so, Im kinda-- you know."

" I see... but..--"

" Jack doesnt know. And dont need to know. "

I sigh heavily before giving her a tight smile.

" Okay. 😊 Ahm, Dr. Crosby sent me sone notes specially for you. Like what I need to check. Maybe we can proceed?"