32

-Jack-

I dressed up Dreamy immediately after our quick baths.

" Whew's Night, Daddy?"

" We're going to fetch him."

" Daddy?"

" Hmmm?"

" Can you not fwight with Mommy?"

-------------
Since that faithful day of our fight, it was followed by three more cold fight. Fights we made sure the kids wont know and feel.

Two days. Two days before our big day. We sat here in a corner of our favorite cafe. Leaving the kids behind with my sister Olivia.

Both quiet, tired from our daily work but, we dont want to move the talk. Because, one, its something we agreed to talk. Two, we dont have much of a time right? Two day. We are getting married the day after tomorrow.

" I dont know how to start, Jack.."

" Hmm. Tell me what's on your mind."

" I have a lot. "

" Me either."

" What's on top of your list?"

" Do you still want to get married?"

" I do! I do, Jack. Its just that.."

" What?"

She sigh and look out of the window. It was cold afternoon, people walking down the street looks lazy while walking slowly.

" We finally getting married is my ultimate dream, Jack. It was something I prayed for God knows how long. I loose hope when I met Moonlight. I prayed for your happiness instead after that. But fate brought us here. Together, Jack. And this is something I'll be greatfull forever. Living with you and the kids is a real life glimpse of the future I always dream. The life we have and the respnsibilities we share now are different. I know that. I know you love me as much as I love you, Jack. But it hurts me everytime we fight and you step back to your memories with Moonlight."

" What-----"

" Remember when we first fight? You fetch me from work and what songs are playing in the car?"

" Moonlight's playlist."

" The second time when I need to work overtime because we need to monitor a dying patient, I came home to you watching your old videos with Moonlight."

"........."

" Yesterday, after we fight, where were you, Jack? You drove to the cementery. Its painful, Jack. When things get rough, you go running back to her. "

" Im sorry, you feel that way. You should have told me the first time, Gabrielle. I didnt mean to make you feel that way. Its just that whenever I talk to her, it calms me. It clears my head when I hear her voice. Im.. Im----"

" Do you really love me, Jack?.. Because Im here. Why do you need to go back to her memories even if I am here. Alive and can build more memories you can look back in the future with me? Why do you still need to hear her voice when I am here physically and we can talk till we run out of voice, Jack? Why.. why do you keep choosing her when Im the one here with you?"