14

-Jack-

I stood still in the open door of our room with the sleeping Dreamy in my arms.

This room holds so much happy memories with my late wife. We decorated this together, watch countless of Korean dramas here together, and play video games together.

This is our first home after we got married. Pictures of us are everywhere too. Today is Dreamy's first time to go home and also my first time to go home here without my Moonlight.

I carefully lay down Dreamy in the middle of the bed and started unpacking her things so I can change her. She's a deep sleeper like her mother so I didnt had hard time unpacking and do stuffs around the house.

The silence was deafening. I am used to the 'natural' sound of this house. Me and Moonlight random singing while doing house stuffs together whenever we got the chance to have the same offs from work. She's a lawyer so, she's pretty much busy almost 7 days a week but, I had manage to keep up with that. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I dont cry during the day aside from making myself bc with Dreamy, I am use to not having Moonlight around during the day, just minus the chat, text and calls. We always check on each other every hour or as often as we can specially when she's pregnant.

I pour my self a glass of milk and sat in the living room where you can see almost everything after I tidied up.

Our New York house is minimalist. Both Moonlight and I are a bit OC and lazy doing house stuffs so, we both agreed on not having grandacious decors and such. Our ceiling is decorated with fairy lights though, and a customized moon shape chandelier.

Moonlight is pretty much obsess with moon and stars so all you can see here are minimal decors that themed night sky. Moon and stars.

I finish my milk and stood up to see how's Dreamy in the room, and found her climbing down the bed herself.

" Hey, baby.."

" Da!"

She's 10 months and now can call me 'Da' or 'dada'.

" I havent had any sleep and your awake already. I'll be a disfunctional business man, Baby."

I pick her up and she immediately smile at me. Just like her mother does whenever she look at me before.

" Look at that smile, you really got the from your mommy, huh?"

" Dada???"

" What? We just arrived, why do you look like you want to go outside? Its dark and----"

" Gooogoo!"

" Oh you want googoo? Oh my god. Your Nana is going to kill me when she found out but, my princess says' go. You want that?"

" Dada!"

I chuckled before dressing her with more warmer clothes because is a chilly night.

My little girls' eyes wonder excitedly around the colorful lights of New York City. Pointing and giggling whenever. Just like her mother.

We walk around for 30 minutes with her chillin' in my arms as I carry her before I bought her up the viewing building where we can see the whole Time Square down and the stary night sky up.

I sat up on the floor and held Dreamy as she stood up her hands flat laid on the glass wall.

I thought she was facinatingly looking down the lights, but when I look at her, she's just same as me. Looking at the full moon. Bright and shining with the stars.

" Do you like the moon too, Dreamy? That's Mommy."

She sat down and  still looking the the moon.

----------------

-Gabrielle-

I was scrolling down my IG feed when a comment tag mention notification pop-up. Its been awhile since I got one of these random tags. It led me to Jack's latest IG post.

It was his Daughter sitting on the floor of what looks like a viewing deck looking and pointing at the moon. It was captioned:

Hi, Mommy!

Thousands of people/followers were so thrilled since Jack started posting on his social medias again. They are all gushing over his overly adorable daughter.

A notification pop-up again.

Jack Brinkman follows you.

-------------------