7

-Gabrielle-

I came to a silent room tonight. This particular ICU room is radiating with laughters and giggles but, not tonight.

I am with Yumi to check on Luna for her bedtime check ups.

Luna is sitting on the bed looking all upset while Jack is sat on the little corner single sofa with his laptop fire up.

Gab: Did you take your boosters for tonight?

Luna: Not yet.

Gab: I'll go grab them while Dr. Yumi check your CS scar.

Luna: Can I skip them tonight? I dont feel that -----

Jack: She'll have those boosters. She needs those.

Luna scowl on on his husband.

Luna: I said--

Jack: Dont start with me, Moonlight.

Luna: Can you get him out of here? I really dont want him around tonight.

She said with pleading eyes, tearing up.

Yumi and I exchange looks.

Yumi: Ow--kay??? Maybe Mr. Brinkman wants some fresh air to breathe too while I check your scar.

Yumi said, looking pointedly at me.

Gab: Ahm, I actually need you at the Nurse station, Mr. Brinkman.

Jack close his laptop and look at us one by one before he sigh and stood up. He walk to Luna's bed and about to kiss her head but Luna push him gently.

Luna: Get away from me.. you.. you..---

She said with her cracking voice but Jack still insist and kiss her head and forehead. Before heading out.

" Dont make your wife upset, Jack! Are you even thinking???"

" What am I suppose to do then?? She's sick and needing oxygen whenever she gets weak but she's asking to get discharge. This is so frustrating! "

" Why did she--"

" She wants to see our daughter. And God knows how I want her to be with us at home but, how??? How can I do that without fearing that I'd lost her anytime??"

" ...... "

" It was hard seeing her go thru a lot and I cant do anything but hold her hand and watch her suffer---"

" She wants to see your daughter?"

" Gabrielle---"

" Facetime?"

" She's not having any of those video calls anymore after hearing Dreamy cried last night while facetiming."

" When is your daughter's next check up routine?"

" Tomorrow at ---"

" You can just bring her here."

" Her Doctor's clinic is actually not here tomorrow."

" I'll talk to Dr. Faulkerson. You can bring your baby to your wife after the check up."

Yumi was dressing Luna's wound when we came back.

Luna: It was kinda huge.

Yumi: Yeah, but it was healing nicely so dont worry.

Luna: It can be hidden with those high waist bikinis right?

Jack: Who says you can wear those bikinis? Na-ah, not for the next five years, my Love.

It was funny when Luna's eyes snap to Jack and gave him glaring eyes again.