The Queen's Crown

"Leena get back here!" Max yelled out smiling. Max and Leena were playing tag in the palace. Leena ran up the stairs as quick as she could with Max behind her. The two cats got out of breath and stopped to catch their breaths.

"Ok...how about this...if you let me tag you...we can take a break huh?" Max suggested out of breath as he crawled up the stairs, trying to tag her foot.

"And miss out on the fun? No way!" Leena told him confident and she quickly pulled her foot up so Max missed her and his hand touched the stair.

"Ha ha!" Leena laughed confident and she ran up the stairs and quickly took a turn. Max quickly ran up the stairs to catch up to her. Leena spotted a room and quickly got inside the room, she hid behind the wall "Leena I'm coming for ya!" Max called out and he passed the room Leena was hiding in.

Leena covered her mouth with her hand to hold her laughter in. "He didn't even look in this room" Leena told herself, giggling.

Suddenly, a small blue shimmer of light hit her eye and her eyes blinked from the sudden light. She looked around for the scource of the light. The lioness realized the room she was in was a bedroom.

Her eyes scanned around and she spotted the scource of the shimmering blue light...a crown. There was a crown resting on a purple pillow on a vanity.

Leena's eyes widen when she recognized that crown. "Queen Sheefa's crown" she whispered and Leena found herself walking to the crown like she was in a trance.

She was standing in front of the crown, her eyes on it. Leena looked around, making sure no one was looking. She peeked outside the room to make sure no one was near by.

Leena walked back to the crown. Her hands slowly reached out to the crown and she carefully placed her hands on the crown like she was afraid to break it.

Leena slowly lifted the crown and looked at it, her eyes sparkled at seeing it. She ran her hand on the blue gems in the crown, it's light sparkling. "Wow" Leena whispered smiling.

She looked at the corner of her eye and spotted a huge mirror in front of her. An idea came up in her head. 'Should I wear the crown?' Leena thought in her head.

She looked back at the crown. Leena and Max's wedding was a month away. Leena would be the new queen. She looked back at the crown and on one half she was hesitated. But on the other hand, she wanted to try it.

Leena slowly lifted the crown and carefully placed it on her head. Leena felt the weight of the crown on her head and she looked in the mirror, her eyes widen in amazement. It still amazed Leena that she was gonna be queen.

She felt like a little girl dressing up as a princess. The crown tilted on her head so it wasn't straight. "It's kinda heavy" Leena thought as she tried to straighten it. "I wonder if I'll be wearing it?" Leena thought out loud.

"Depends if you want to wear the crown" a voice came up and Leena quickly turned around and spotted Queen Sheefa standing in the doorway chuckling.

"Oh! Queen Sheefa! I am so so sorry!" Leena apologized and quickly took the crown off and put it back on the pillow.

Sheefa chuckled at her "Leena it's ok. I'm not mad. Besides, it looked nice on you" she told her, holding her hands.

Leena smiled at her but it faded. She couldn't really see herself wearing this kinda crown.

Max came walking past the doorway and he spotted Leena "There you are Leena" Max said and he entered the room.

"Playing games again you two?" Sheefa asked teasingly. Max looked at Leena, smiling at her. "Ok Leena you won the game. How about we go get some snacks?" Max asked her.

"Sure. How about an omelet?" She asked him and Max smiled big...he loves Leena's omelets. "Yes!" He said excited. Leena chuckled at him. "Ok I'll get the stuff for the omelets and we'll go make them" she told him and kissed his cheek before leaving.

Sheefa came and placed a hand on her son's shoulder. "So. Have you told Leena that you were getting her her own crown?" Sheefa asked him.

"Nope. She had no idea. She's gonna be so surprise when she finds out she's getting her own crown. Now I gotta go and eat some omelets" Max told his mom and ran out of the room, ready for omelets and his mom chuckled at her son and walked out of the room.