Lava Lamps-Ross Butler x Reader

Y/N sat on the bed at 3am on her phone, hearing the light snores of her boyfriend of 2 years beside her. She scrolled through 5 minute crafts on Snapchat trying to make herself tired so she could sleep, but no matter what she tried, she couldn't fall asleep. With an internal groan, Y/N got up out of her bed and put on a hoodie and shorts before making her way downstairs to the kitchen. The movement on the bed woke Ross up and he subtly watched her walk out the bedroom, assuming she was going to the bathroom.

He turned back over so he was facing the side where Y/N laid a minute ago and closed his eyes in attempt to go back to sleep. He could hear her walking around in the kitchen, but he then assumed she was just getting a drink. Y/N had never gotten up in the middle of the night, so it was weird for her to even leave the bedroom, especially considering she often complained about having to leave the bed or she would be cold when she left as she wouldn't have the quilt covering her body up.

Y/N stayed downstairs for about 10 minutes, causing Ross to sit up in wonder. He asked himself what she was doing, but was pulled out of his thoughts as he heard cupboards shutting and bowls being placed on the counter. "Are you kidding me?" He wondered and put some tracksuit bottoms on and ran a hand through his hair, pushing it back. Ross made his way out the bedroom and checked all the rooms, seeing the kitchen light on downstairs. Furrowing his brows in confusion he walked towards the kitchen and saw the island counter covered in bowls and stuff.

"What're you doing?" He laughed, confused as to why there was a bunch of things on the counter, including flowers, glitter, white vinegar, oil, baking soda and water.
"I couldn't sleep so I decided to be productive."
"I know you couldn't sleep and what are you doing? What's this... productiveness?"
"I am making a lava lamp." Y/N said as she poured some red and orange food colouring into the vase before looking up and smiling innocently at Ross who opened his mouth to speak and closed it again not having anything to say to the fact she was making a lava lamp at 3am.

"And why are you making a lava lamp at 3am exactly?" Ross questioned and Y/N looked up with a deep sigh.
"Because I couldn't sleep I told you."
"Yeah but why a lava lamp?"
"I saw it on 5 minute crafts and wanted to try it."
"5 minute crafts? And you think it's going to work?"
"You won't know until you try it. I didn't know what you were like until I tried talking to you on set, did?"
"Touché." Ross nodded and Y/N poured the baking powder and water mix to the rest of the mixture, seeing the bubbles form.

Y/N tipped the bottle up and down so the carbon dioxide water made a bubble in the water. She had made a light compartment beneath the mixture from the bottom of another bottle then switched it on, showing the lava lamp light up. "That's... impressive." Ross chuckled and then walked to the light switch, tuning the kitchen lights off so only the lava lamp could be seen. He snuck up behind Y/N and wrapped his arms around her waist. "It looks pretty cool. What are you planning to do with it now?"

"I think we should have it in our room, also so she can't get it." Y/N stated nodding towards their dog.
"We aren't having that in our room, it doesn't match the colour."
"Pleaseeee? I think it will look cool, and also so she doesn't knock it off when running about when she's on a mad one."
"Alright fine."
"You'll get a new one."
"I will." He joked and pointed at her before putting his finger under her chin and kissing her.

"A better one?" Y/N questioned.
"A better one."
"Like that one?" She pointed at the jar.
"Preferably like that one."
"Why are we speaking in pirates of the Caribbean quotes?" Y/N laughed and Ross shrugged.
"I have no idea. Come on, you need to sleep." He kissed her cheek and then Y/N took the lava lamp and light remote upstairs turning off all lights on the way to the bedroom. The two of them got straight into bed and fell to sleep after a short while, Ross holding her in his arms as they cuddled together under the quilt.