Embry x Reader: New Me Pt. 2 (6/29/2020)

OC x Reader then Embry x Reader

Warning: abusive tactics are used in this second part.

Part 1: "Gaslight" by Snow Tha Product

Part 2: "New Me" by Ella Eyre

Part 3: "Falling for You" by Tamia

***

Ella Eyre here, it's a new me
Didn't have time when you knew me
Why you tryna call like booty, oh, yeah, yeah

Take a step back and 180
I could play you like you played me (yeah)
I really don't care for it lately, though, yeah, yeah

Over the past few weeks, Isaac would try to grasp my attention. At first, it was, well, indifferent. By all means, I was not going to take him back. I was stupidly in love with him, not stupid in general. He would text me different things like "can I come over", "babe let's talk about this," and my favorite one, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said." It was comical really. So, for the fun of it, I thought I'd talk to him after school, just to see what his lame-ass would say this time.

"Y/n/n, are you seriously going to talk to him?" Kim asked, leaning into Jared for support of pure affection. I shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah, why not? He doesn't have a shot in hell with getting back together with me. So, why not give me something to laugh at?" I said with chips in my mouth.

"Give who something to laugh about what?" Embry said, sitting next to me. Over the past few weeks, Embry, Jared, and Paul invited themselves to our table for no reason. Just, literally, took a seat next to us, introduced themselves, then proceeded a conversation with us as if we all knew one another and hung out with each other regularly.

"Y/n/n is going to allow Isaac to explain to her why he is an ass and beg for her forgiveness." She says nonchalantly. Embry's eyes go wide.

"Why? Are you thinking about taking him back?" He said looking straight into my y/e/c eyes. I smiled and shook my head no. It was hard to talk around him. It's one thing to admire him from afar, it's another to sit next to him and attempt to have a normal conversation. Noticing my incoherent ways, Kim jumped in.

"She just wants to see what he'd come up with an officially laugh in his face. Almost like revenge, only without the spitefulness."

"But her doing this is spiteful." Paul shot back.

"Yes, but that's not the point," Kim argued. "The point is, she's doing it, and we're going to support her. Then we'll later look back at this moment and not regret it because it will be funny as shit."

"Hopefully a thing of the past," Embry said underneath his breath.

"I'll let you guys know how it goes." I move to get up to head to class, "See you guys later."

You need to change your story, bae
Tell me you want to talk
It's not what you came here for
This heart is ghost, that girl you know
Don't live behind that door
Anymore, nah

Ella ain't here, it's a new me
I don't make time for your foolin'
Kinda got things to be doin', oh
It's a new-new me, it's a new me
Ella ain't here for your problems (what?)
Left-right-left, keep on walkin'
Shoulda took care of your diamonds, oh
It's a new-new me, it's a new me

After school, I met Isaac in the parking lot next to my car. In a distance, I could see Embry's deep brown eyes watching us. His glare at Isaac wasn't shy of anyone around. Embry had a deep hatred for Isaac for multiple reasons. One, because of how he treats women (worse than Paul; at least Paul lets you know he's not serious, Isaac will lead you on and drop you like you were nothing), and two, because they have a history. Isaac would bully Embry and his friends a lot of the time. When I found out about it, I confronted him. Thus, starting the downfall of our relationship. Trust and reassure that, by no means, was it Embry's fault. Isaac was just an ass. And as soon as the gods blessed Embry, Isaac backed off quickly.