Seth x Reader: Dream Pt. 1 (10/28/2020)

Warning: Breaking fourth wall. Let me know if you catch it 😉 and gender-neutral parental names

Part 1: "Dreams" by Ella Eyre

Part 2: "You've Got It Bad" by Usher

Part 3: "Never Give Up on Love" by Bobby Tinsley 

***

Y/n POV

"Will that be all for you?" I say, finishing up writing down the order.

"Well, I could get your number, beautiful." One thing that is horrible about being a waitress is dealing with the harassment that comes with it. The best way to deal with verbal harassment (like in this situation) is by giving them the "AS," as my friends would call it. The Awkward Stare. Now, this stare isn't having ME become awkward; oh no, this is to make sure THEY do. Essentially, you would look at the predator straight in the eyes and give a resting bitch face until they become uncomfortable and silent. To the point where the whole table is uncomfortable. Kind of like your high school teacher would look at the student when no one would shut up. Once they were fully engaged in avoiding my eyes, I gave a final smile and went put in their order at the counter.

"You know, you could be a little less cute and more intimidating?" said Orion, my now lifetime best friend since I had started this job a couple of months ago. I turn to look at him and give him the finger as he walked around me to bring his tables their food.

"He does have a point. Straighten up your back more, pull your shoulders back, and clock your head to the side just a little. That way, you'll really knock them." Emily said. She was a regular here. Every Wednesday at 4 pm and Sunday at 12:30 pm, she would come in, go to her usual spot at the counter, and either order the chiefs salad with a side of a sliced pickle, the garden burger with seasoned fries, or 5 stack pancake with orange/apple juice. Her husband Sam or another kid named Jared and his girlfriend Kim come on Sunday morning, grabbing a crap ton of food (so Emily doesn't have to cook) and leave. Polite men, scary—at least Sam can be, but polite. Jared is just a child, and I can do nothing but pray for Kim.

"You mean like that ugly pink toad lady from-"

"Don't say it!" I roll my eyes. Ever since KJ Bowling expressed her feelings towards the LGBTQA+ community, she refuses to acknowledge it. The disbelief and sadness that took over for the love of Henry Planter she had were wild, yet kind of crazy to watch.

"Look, it could be worse. You could love the Dawn saga by Tephanie Neyer and find out that she is horrid in disguise. But hey! Once it hit 2 years, you'll start realizing all the fucked-up shit in the series and slowly be okay. Dawn fans know Tephanie is fucked up, we know the series is fucked up, we acknowledge it all and take full responsibility for liking it, but some still like it. We don't support it, but we like it." I tell her, shrugging my shoulders. I have to remember, she's a rookie in this game.

"That's true. Why are the best authors the most fucked up?" she says, playing with her fries I just placed down in front of her.

"Because they hate us and know what the population likes. Just like politics." I say, stealing one of her fries.

"I don't know how you guys like that series! Wasn't there racism, classism with the Ghoul's and Werecats, hyper-sexualization on the prides where the cats came from, misinformed information, plagiarism, and too, I don't know, squishy and fluffy in them?" Orion asked.

"First off, they were shapeshifters. Secondly, only in Dawn, Dusk, and Night were squishy. But only because Bethany and Elliot were on their honeymoon in the last one. Daytime didn't have it because Elliot broke up with Bethany." I nod in agreement while grabbing the food for my tables.