Chapter 30: Turning Point

* very unedited*

Tae's POV

"Sorry Jinnie I think we're all a little confused..."

Joon is the first to speak up while moving to grab Jin's bags from his hands and letting him sit on the couch

"What's there to be confused about? And Namjoon please don't call me by a nickname I haven't settled shit with you yet.."

Joon's face drops a little but he continues to keep his facial expressions positive

"Let's just show him the tape I mean maybe he has amnesia?? From the trauma?"

Hoseok suggests

"Babe your idea isn't bad but if he does have trauma we wouldn't want to trigger it" Yoongi intervenes

"Trauma from what?! I can tell you everything that happened while I was with Chan I remember every detail..yes he kept asking me to let me fuck him and kept trying to ask for personal info about the mob but I was never harmed.."

We all look at each other and Namjoon makes the executive decision to show Jin the tape we got from Chan. We sit on the couches in our normal pairs except Namjoon who sat on the floor to give Jin space..

The video began to play and I nuzzle up closer to Kook and he instantly wraps his strong arms around me..making me feel so {special lol} safe from all the demons that try to catch me..

I can feel all the tension in the room..watching the video not knowing what was going to happen the first time was awful but watching it and knowing what's going to happen is on a whole new level of horrific shit.

I can't bring myself to look at the screen I can barely stand the sounds coming from the speakers so I look to Jin who's face hasn't changed one bit..that's odd...wouldn't he like scrunch up his face. He's never been one for violence or gore which is ironic seeing as his last two boyfriends run full blown cocaine mobs..

He's just sitting there..completely unfazed..maybe he's in shock? I mean everyone has their own reactions to things but everyone else's general respond to the video was similar except Jin..

Whatever maybe I'm overthinking it...

When the screen goes black it's as though everyone released a breath that they were holding in the entire duration of the video. All of our eyes shift to the unbothered male on the couch

"That never happened to me.."

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon says as everyone is still confused as to how all this shit is not registering with him

"I was kept in a room similar to that but Chan only came in there to feed me and talk to me about nonsense, mainly trying to get in my head, and once he took a picture of me but that was it..."

"Wait a picture of you?" Yoongi was the first to question what he said

"Yea...?"

Oh shit I see where he's going

"Namjoon didn't Chan say that he duplicate your voice? To make it sound just like yours? What if he could use the same technology to replicate a face or at least make it look like it?" I chime in putting all the pieces together for those who weren't getting it. The entire room was silent when Joon had his meltdown..

"Fuck! So we just handed TXT over to Chan to save Jin from being beaten but he was just fucking gaslighting us?! Are you fucking kidding me?! This whole thing was fucking ploy for him to gain power! How the fuck did I not realize this?!"

Jin walks over to the now standing, frustrated male and hesitantly brings him in to an embrace

"Namjoon it wasn't obvious...and you were trying to protect me so don't blame yourself.."