Chapter 42: Three

*unedited and somewhat short*

Tae's P.O.V

If I was reeling from when Kook told me that he liked me..I'm spiraling now..he actually said he loves me...I can still hear it in my head on repeat..everything that he said has a way of just hitting my heart so hard that it shakes up my insides. I know that we can't be together right now but knowing that he's also holding out hope is giving me such a glow that it's kind of messing up the vibe of the meeting

"Taehyung I need you to pay attention."

Joon's distressed voice sounds from behind his desk, snapping me back into reality..

"This has to go off without a hitch or we're all fucked.."

This is it.

We're actually going to plan an attack on the Stray's..we'll be outnumbered for sure but with the right strategy we could have a chance.

"I'm calling all the independent mobs now, luckily there's still NCT and they have a decent amount of people, Ateez agreed and TXT's working on the inside gathering up allies who are fed up with the fucked up regime that Chan has in place..it won't be enough though..we have to make sure that we stick to the plan ok?"

We all nod and I grab Jungkook's hand for comfort, which he gladly accepts and squeezes a little..

"So Kook and Tae you two will arrive early that morning-."

Suddenly Jin busts through the door...once again looking perfectly fine..nothing like Namjoon had described him..

"Hey everyone.."

We all just look at him, some of us have anger in our eyes at the fact that he wasn't here for Yoongi at all when he was in his coma and others in sheer confusion as to where the hell he's been..

He moves to the chair in the corner and I notice that his eyes are frazzled..like he'd seen something horrific. His body is so calm but his eyes they're telling such a different story..they're red and strained..he keeps blinking almost like he's been doing drugs..weird.

"Jin we'll talk later but as of right now we need to run down this day. Top to bottom. So as I was saying Jungkook and Taehyung you need to get there a couple hours before, undetected..the attack will happen at one to avoid it going into the night. The night is not our friend when we need to make precise shots and make sure that people are dead. Jimin and Hoseok I know you two are the most emotionally torn up but we need to be angry for Yoongi, who's been told that no matter what he needs to stay in the designated safe spot. Being here is too dangerous, they might come for him during the battle and he cannot defend himself. I need Jimin and the men assigned with you to sneak around to the back entrance and Hoseok and his men will take the left side I have the right side and Jin you'll be bait essentially. You and Chan have history and we can use that as leverage so he can expose himself to you... Jungkook when Jimin, Hoseok and the rest get there you and your men take the front. Taehyung I'm entrusting you with the roof. When Jungkook and his crew storm in though the front and start shooting you have to make your way to the roof fast. Call Hwasa and direct her to land the helicopter on the roof. It's so crucial that you keep it running so that when we've killed enough of them to do damage we'll have an escape to take us to meet Yoongi in the safety spot.."

Joon looks up at us again and I can tell by the look on his face that there's not a lot of hope left for us..the odds are slim

"Now...if the worse does happen and we aren't able to beat them we need a backup plan...We'll have to split up so it's harder for them to trace us.."

The cracks in his voice were so evident and I can feel my emotions welling up. I can't imagine my life without all of them..

"Namjoon..we'll win I don't think there's any need for this...right?" Jimin's voice was pleading I know that the whole thing is taking such a toll on him too

"Jimin we can't take those chances...it's not looking good for us. We can split in groups but the highest number of people in a group is three because I'm assuming you, Hobi and Yoongi will move somewhere together...but it has to be somewhere outside of South Korea we cannot move to a different city..they'll find us and at that point they'd kill us. I need you all to pack a bag with your essentials like a passport, clothes, anything you think you'd need to go to another country..when you get there change your name, start a new life whether that be with the person you traveled there with or alone. I'll give you all burner phones to pack up as well but they'll be activated if someone texts the code..it'll be on a slip of paper in the back of the phone. Only text that code if the situation is dire. Otherwise we don't know each other and we will not contact each other."

My heart feels so heavy hearing him say all of this..and I look over to Jungkook who's face is showing how I'm feeling

"I'm going to call for a meeting and we'll have a prep session with the mobs that agreed to help tomorrow. We'll attack in three days. This is no longer about missions and stake-outs..it's a matter of life and death."

The room is silent before Namjoon dismisses us to go, well all of us except Jin whose face has changed to an expression once..

~Jin's P.O.V~

I can feel the hits still..I can feel the cold blade pressed up against my skin..I shouldn't have questioned him or his choices..he was doing it so we can be together..

Namjoon looks up at me and doesn't say anything for awhile..he must be so confused and hurt. I feel awful, he just wants to help the people he loves and I cannot shake the feeling that maybe I'm on the wrong side.

"Jin what's going on? You were absent the entire time that Yoongi was in the hospital..and then when I did find you, looking so broken and cold..you tell me to leave?"

I can still see the look in his eyes when he found me...that's one of the reason I got hurt though..was believing that maybe I should be standing by Joon's side instead of his..

I can't think like that anymore..

I need to stand by him and keep my promise to never doubt him

He's doing this for us..because we're in love

"Don't worry about it Joonie everything will turn out ok..I promise"

Of course I'm lying

I have to tell Chan the plans and I know this won't end well for anyone...

~to be continued~

A/N: Ughhhhh you guys I can't believe it's ending! I am not emotionally stable enough to write the rest of this..I feel like you guys already know where it's going but we'll see. I love you all and thank you for reading!

~Nilla💜