Leap of faith

This is the continuation of the 'Red Marker' chapter....

Miyeon's POV

Why the hell is she holding my marker?

Her eyes are stucked on my unfinished drawing. "Unnie, you made this? Daebak! You're so good."  She said proudly while giving me a thumbs up.

"Yah, give me that. How did you know my secret place?" I furrowed my eyebrows giving her an annoyed look. I took the marker from her hands.

"Wasn't a secret anymore." She smirked.

"Can you please leave me alone?" I said forcing myself not to raise my voice on her. My heart is hurting but she's too precious, I can't do that.

"Unnie why did you gave up on me just like that?" She blurted, then dropped her head while staring at her feet.

"What are you talking about?"

"That night? I heard all of it." She said while looking away. "I was kinda waiting for you to tell Soojin unnie to back off. But yeah of course, you think I'm still in love with her."

"Y-you're not?" I stuttered.

"I was."

...

Flashback...

"I know now, Miyeon unnie told me everything."

"I know." Shuhua looked into her eyes. Both were saying the same thing. "I heard it all."

"If only we were braver back then, everything would have been different." Said Soojin.

"But everything's different now unnie."

"Do you regret anything?"

She smiled. "No. How about you?"

Soojin smiled back at her, "A little."

"I'm sorry that I bursted out that night. I bottled it up all to myself, while you, you have Miyeon to tell all your feelings." She sighed. "But you know, I was kinda thankful that we were coward back then, sometimes we just have to learn it the hard way."

"It just means it's not for us. We weren't able to make each other brave enough to fight for our feelings."

"Yeah." they both smiled and sighed in relief.

"I guess I just felt jealous because Miyeon was able to do everything I should have done years ago. When she told me about your feelings, it didn't excite me like I should be. It's true that I still love you Shuhua, but I love Ryujin more now. She let me open my eyes into a wider perspective and I have learned a lot. I learned to be braver because of her."

"We can't really unlove someone unnie, we still care. It's just that, our love for them is stronger than the love we had for each other."

"I've been bringing this weight in my heart for too long and I finally got to release it. You don't know how much I am happy right now..

Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I want you to be braver for Miyeon unnie."

"That's what I'm about to do. Thank you Soojin unnie."

End.

...

"I am so happy hearing all the words you said that night. Unnie, how can you bear seeing me cry because of her before? How can you even listen to me ranting about how much I love her? How can you put yourself in a situation where you know you'll get hurt? How unnie?"