Photo

Third person POV

The couple finally came home greeted by the rest of the girls except Soyeon who's currently on her way home and Soojin who's already sleeping.

"Sooo, How's the date?" Minnie asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

Miyeon looked at Shuhua who's currently sulking beside her.

"Oof, someone looks not okay." said Yuqi.

"Yah Shuhua, are you mad? I'm sorry. I didn't know they will act like that." the older said worriedly but Shuhua just rolled her eyes and walked out to her room.

The three left in the living room dumbfounded especially the two girls who have no idea what just happened.

"Yah, what's going on? Did you just messed up your first date?" asked Yuqi.

"N-no! It's not like that. It was all perfect, we rode a bike and went to a rooftop café and..  and..."

"And what?" the two asked in unison, both looked impatient already.

Miyeon closed her eyes forcefully. "We had dinner with my parents."

"You what??!" Minnie yelled.

"Woah that was fast?" then they both started laughing together.

"Let me guess, you didn't told her that she will meet your parents today?" Miyeon went silent after what Minnie had said. Nonetheless, she just nodded in embarassment.

"Did you introduced her as your... You know, girlfriend?"

Miyeon sat beside them and told them what happened.

....

Flashback...

"Just kidding, but... Miyeon honey please take care of my daughter-in-law." Shuhua choked the moment she heard it.

Miyeon went closer to her and handed her a glass of water, "Are you okay?" her eyes went back to her parents. "Appa!"

"What?" Her dad asked teasingly.

After Shuhua recovered from choking, she felt shy knowing that this dinner would turn out to be a 'meet the parents' thing and she wasn't even prepared for it.  

'Yah Cho Miyeon! I just confessed to you yesterday and we're already meeting you parents??' Shuhua thought to herself.

"Our Miyeon always tells us about you. At first we thought you were just someone she really adore... but we noticed something different whenever she talks a lot about you." Her mom said.  

"What is it?" asked Shuhua.  

Her dad continued. "Her smile, we're her parents and she's our only child. We will know it right away if she likes girls or if she simply likes someone." 

"Even before she had a boyfriend, we knew she has something for girls and we're right." Her mom added.

Shuhua was left speechless as she never met parents as accepting as them. 'Cool' 

"Miyeon-ah, I don't care if you prefer girls, men are jerks anyway." Her dad added that caused the girls laugh.  

Miyeon and Shuhua looked at each other and smiled.

This wasn't the kind of dinner Miyeon was expecting, although her parents are completely aware that she's into girls and she liked someone but she never told them who; which is obviously Shuhua. Nevertheless, she was more than happy knowing that her parents–of all people whom she hoped for acceptance did really accepted her and what she have with Shuhua.