20.

The Funeral

Mac and Peep sit in the front row with her family and Malikas family, Mac tightly gripped Gus's hand for the duration, he rubs it as she silently sobs during the memorial, it is then her turn to speak. She turns to him, he kisses reassuring her it is going to be ok. Mac organises her papers, as photos of her best friend passes behind her on the TV screen. 

She sniffs "Hi everyone, for those of you that don't know me. I am Mackenzie, Malika's other bestfriend. *Tears already falling down her face* We met when I was 6 and she was my next door neighbour in L.A. I would annoy her and Shayna everyday during the summer until the would let me play with them *a small laugh erupts from the crowd* Then when school started I was the weird English girl with no friends. So naturally I just carried on annoying them at school as well *The crowd laughs some more* Eventually after 3 months of annoying them, I fooled them into thinking we were friends and I've been able to keep fooling them for 14 years now. *they laugh again* When I was 10, my dad informed me were moving back to the U.K. I cried for hours, Shayna and Malika made me a scrap book of photos and memories from the last 4 years. *She wipes away the tears* But the tears didn't last long as our stay in the U.K only last a year but during that year I was back here 4 times and they even visited me. When I turned 15 my Dad once again inform that we would be returning to the UK but this time there was no sight of a return, Now as a bunch of smart teenagers we put our brains together, somehow we manage to convince our parents of letting me stay with Karla to continue 'my education' but in reality we just wanted to stay together *everyone laughs* From that moment onwards I was never a guest in Karla house I was her 3rd daughter. Ever since then we have not left each others side. They even put up with my very English accent and my terrible English slang. I remember once Malika pushed me in the pool when I didn't know what thanksgiving was. *everyones laughs* We moved into our first apartment together and the next 2 after that because we could never decide on where to live, even worked at the same club for a bit. They lied for me about my age so we could all work the bar together and run the shows. Because of their lies I found my passion for music and I've done nothing else since then. So for that I thank you. *She looks up at Shayna and mouths thank you*  We did everything together; dates, gyms and concerts. When I met my boyfriend Malika was there holding my hand everytime I was freaking out or about to overreact over something completely stupid. In her last moments she told me that she loves me *she can no longer control the tears they flood down her face* and that Gus nd I are going to have beautiful babies and she would be the fabulous godmother to them *everyone laughs including herself* The only comfort I have in what happened is that I was there for her last moments and not a stranger. I love you Malika and I'll never forget you. You will always be my best friend and you're 100% going to be the godmother to at least one of our beautiful babies. I wrote a song for my boyfriend which Malika loves and I would like to play it for you" She heads over to piano she starts to play a new version of Star Shopping, missing out the bits she wrote specifically for Peeps version of the song. Tear falls down her face as she plays. Gus runs over to her, he just sits next to her rubbing her back, reassuring her that everything is ok. The song finishes, Mac collapsing into Gus crying he guides her back to their seats as Shay comes up to speak. Before her speech even begins she can't control the tear, Mac stands next to her holding her hand as she speaks. The two comforted each other during the speech. When it is only she pulls Shay in for a hug, whispering "I'm so proud you. Malika would be proud. I love you forever"

The pair head home early evening time, Peep has already rearranged their dinner plans. The two get changed into sweats, Mac is ready to put today behind her already. "You did really well today babygirl. Malika would be proud of you. I am very proud of you" He pulls her in for a cuddle, kissing her head.

Mac pulls away looking up into his deep brown eyes "Thank you baby, sorry I've been such a bitch lately. I will not do xanax again I promise" She crouches down and grabs the box from the under bed "I know our anniversary got ruined but happy 1 year baby" She stands on her tiptoes kissing him she hands him the box. 

MackieRichRich Happy one year baby! This has been a crazy year, I'm so glad I've had you by my side the whole time! Heres to a 100 more years together

MackieRichRich Happy one year baby! This has been a crazy year, I'm so glad I've had you by my side the whole time! Heres to a 100 more years together. I love you forever and a day. My soul mate. 

Tagged LilPeep

500,000 likes

LilPeep Happy 1 year babygirl! I love you. Heres to another 200 years together.

Shaynay Happy 1 year you guys! I'm glad that today had a ray of sunlight

MamaKarla Happy 1 year! Thank god today had a shining star

TracyMinajjj Happy anniversary. I love you guys LilPeep likes this

She watches as Peep opens the box up, His face lights up "Baby, this is amazing. I love it so much" He smiles as he puts on his new jacket. She starts rolling a blunt " I will literally wear it everyday" He kisses her "Thank you so much, I love you babygirl" He gets his box out of the bottom drawer and hands it to her. 

Her blunt hangs out her mouth as her face lights up as she opens it up

LilPeep Happy 1 year babygirl. This has been the best year of my life, we've gone through everything together but I wouldn't imagine doing it with anyone but you by my side. I am so proud of you, you amaze me every single day. I love you forever and a day. You are my soulmate, best friend and queen.

Tagged MackieRichRich

5,000 likes

MackieRichRich I love you baby, Happy 1 year handsome

"Baby these are beautiful" She pulls out of a limited edition studded Bianca Boots. "Omg how did you know??" She smiles for the first time in a week at the boots. 

He sighs, lighting the zoot for her "Malika picked them out" 

Tears escape her eyes but she smiles through them. "Thank you" She looks up at the ceiling, he knows she saying it to her but she is also saying it to Malika. She looks back at him "I love you babyboy" He fiddles with the ring behind him but this isn't the time. "Can I ask you something?" He nods as she hands him the blunt. "I was thinking maybe we could move? Like get a house or something? Just us baby?" 

"That sounds like a brilliant idea baby" He kisses her. He knew this was a good move for them, out the loft which held memories of Malika, somewhere new a fresh start for them. Somewhere to make new memories.