DICE #1

#47

[Come on Dethrion..., Come home. I'll help you reconcile with Dad.]

My brother's voice was hoarse, as if something serious happened. I'm driving to Versus; a Barcade here in BGC to talk to one of my thesis partners.

"No thanks kuya." I scoffed, not even looking at my phone because i'm busy focusing on the road.

He just told me that Dad suddenly told him that he's getting married, an arrange marriage he said. I didn't bother listening to the details nor to who he's getting married with because i'm sure that it was someone coming from a powerful company.

My father and I don't really have a great relationship. Out of the 3 of us, I'm the only one he chose to get angry with. Ofcourse, how could he ever get mad at his first born, the heir who will inherit numerous of private hospitals here in the Philippines? How could he also be mad at my younger brother, his youngest child?

[Dethrion naman eh, Frion keeps on looking for you. Mom misses you as well.]

"Pero hindi matatahimik si Dad kapag nandiyan ako. Bye kuya." I ended the call and went outside the car, entering versus.

I really hate crowded places, I squinted my eyes and searched for my thesis partner and there he was, his back was facing me and he was talking to some girl.

I tapped on Ryce's shoulder and he immediately turned his head.

"Oh, pre!" He joyfully greeted, i glanced at the girl he's with and she's already looking at me. My shadow was stopping the light from reaching her but i could see her face clearly.

I scanned her for 2 seconds and shifted my attention to Arthale Ryce, my classmate from Business Management.

"Here's the book you asked for. Let's start our thesis next next week." After telling that, I waved goodbye and left the place. Glancing at the girl one last time who was casually drinking alcohol as if she was only drinking water.

The next day my brother kept on pestering me to come home, since there will be a dinner with his future in laws. Ofcourse i told him that i wouldn't come, Ryce was the only excuse i could ever think of.

"Uy bro! tuloy ka ba mamaya?" Ryce shouted at the other end of the corridor, I think he was talking to someone on the phone before seeing me.

"Yeah, I'll just stop by my unit." I said while walking towards him, we exchanged high fives before driving myself to my unit to have a change of clothes.

I spent the night at his unit, i don't really do anything fun so I just brought a book and read on his couch.

"Ano? Anong balita? kasalan na ba?" He asked to whoever he was talking to over the phone.

I didn't bother knowing who it was. Ryce is close to almost everybody, mostly girls. Kung hindi lang kami naging thesis partners ay hindi naman kami magiging close, i don't even know if i consider him a friend. i just didn't care.

But it looks like he's especially close with this person, Seems like he or she is from La Salle. Once again i'm amazed to how vast his social circle was, even reaching Taft Avenue.

"Ryce, Aren't you done with my book yet?" I asked so his attention was shifted to me. He smiled and went to his room, he came back holding a book, my book.

It wasn't that long when their call ended. The caller even asked about me, peaking my interest to knowing who that girl was, since that's how Ryce addressed her earlier.