Chapter 1: Nice to Meet You, Tine

Tine's POV

"Tine, you can't be serious about moving into this house"

"Come on Fong, this is the only place which fits my budget and doesn't look like trash. You know I need to move immediately"

"You can still stay here with me"

"No, I can't Fong. You hardly have any space for yourself with all my stuff around"

"But are you seriously going to share a bed with a stranger? That's creepy, Tine"

"We won't be sleeping on the same bed at the same time. Apparently, the guy works night shifts. We have completely opposite work timings and he won't be around on the weekends. I don't even think I'll see him most of the time.

It will be like having my own apartment, but at half the rent"

"Did you even look into this guy? What if he is some weirdo who lures people into his apartment?"

"For heaven's sake Fong, I am a lawyer. Not a high school kid who gets fooled by strangers on the internet. Of course, I looked into him. He works at an IT company, which is probably why he has night shifts. I even checked his LinkedIn"

"Hold up, who even checks someone's LinkedIn? What's his full name again?"

"Sarawat Guntithanon. Why?"

"Wait.... " Fong was checking something on his phone. "Okay. Found his Instagram. And its public — we are in."

"Fong I really don't think you should be be stalking my soon to be roommate"

"Tine.. are you really sure you can live with this guy?" Fong had a confused look on his face.

"Why? What's wrong? Did you find some weird stuff on his Instagram?"

"Yes very weird -- This guy has rock hard abs, he plays guitar, likes to travel alone AND he cooks.

Seriously Tine, how are you going to share a bed with this guy and not fall for him?

"Fong, have you lost your mind? Why would I fall for him? And my roommate of all people? NEVER. The only reason I even had to move on such a short notice is because I make bad choices when it comes to relationships"

"Tine.. it wasn't your fault. He was a jerk"

"Lets..lets not talk about that anymore. I am not falling for anyone anytime soon. I already paid advance rent and I am moving tomorrow after work.

Sarawat's POV

"Man, you are not going to believe it — I got a roommate"

"Are you telling me someone actually agreed to your weird agreement of sharing a bed with you? I honestly didn't think it would work"

"To be honest, even I didn't think it would work. But I had to try. You know I need the extra money for Phukong's legal fees and I am running out of options"

"I know... I know. What does this guy do anyway? Does he have a day job?"

"Yeah. He's a lawyer at a small law firm in the business district"

"Wait, Sarawat.. did you agree to this because he is a lawyer? So that he would help with Phukong's case?

"No, of course not. I already got a good lawyer for him. Why would I want advice from a junior lawyer? All I need from him is his money.

"Is he a new lawyer? How old is he?"

"He said his name was Tine Teepakorn and he was 25-years old. So same age as us."

"Hold on, let me look him up on Instagram"

"No.. why do you need to pry into someone else's life..."

"Found him."

"R—really? That-that fast?""Not a bad looking guy. Someone would even call him cute. Want to look?"

Man gave me a smug smile. He knew I wanted a look. Of course, I wanted a look.

"Just -- just show me already"

Man turned his phone screen towards me and that's when I saw Tine and his cute smile for the first time. It felt like my heart skipped a beat

Nice to meet you Tine Teepakorn

-----

A small introductory chapter to kick things off and set the premise for the story.

From the next chapter, Tine moves in with Sarawat and things officially get heated 🔥🔥

Why do you think Tine needs to move in immediately? What do you think happened to Phukong? Any initial guesses?