Chapter 2: Who Gave You Flowers, Tine?🌸

Tine's POV

Sarawat[05:32pm]: I am heading out of the apartment. Your keys are below the doormat. Rent agreement is on the dining table. I have already signed it.

I got off from work, packed my stuff at Fong's place, and took a taxi to the new apartment. I had only seen the apartment in the pictures. All I knew was that the building was good and it was near the office. I was really, really hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those internet scams where the place looks amazing in pictures, but ends up being a dump in real life.

The key was right where Sarawat told me it would be. I took a deep breath before opening the door and prayed to every god I could—I couldn't afford one more f*ck up in my life. I literally I couldn't afford it, I was already broke after paying all the advance.

When I opened the door... the apartment actually turned out to be better than the pictures.

Sarawat had only shared pictures of the interiors, but he didn't tell me the place had a beautiful view of the city.

The entire place looked pretty clean. There was a whole shelf decked with CDs and posters of indie bands. Wait.. who even uses CDs these days?

If someone told me a musician owns this place and not a techie, I would totally believe it. I went inside the bedroom to check it out, and there was a guitar sitting on the bedside table. So he really plays the guitar?

There was also a post-it stuck on the closet.

Emptied this side of the closet for you

- Sarawat

So overall, he is a pretty nice guy

So overall, he is a pretty nice guy. I emptied as many boxes as I could by midnight, only to realise the living room was still full of all my boxes. Drenched in sweat, I went inside the bathroom to take a shower, only to realise there was only icy cold water. So I decided to write a small post-it note to Sarawat, stick it on the bathroom door, and go back to sleep for another hell-ish 12-hour work day.

Thanks for clearing out the closet and sorry about the mess. I was really tired after moving the stuff last night. Promise to sort through these boxes soon.

PS - Do we get hot water?

- Tine