Chapter 32: Tine is scared, Sarawat

"Happy Birthday, Fong." I extended my hand to greet him. "Tine has told me A LOT abot you. By the way, you have such a unique name — Fong. Very, very unique and interesting."

Sarawat's POV

We entered the dimly lit bar which was mostly packed people in suits. I thought I felt out of place in the parking, but I was so wrong. This is where I felt completely out of place — Surrounded by people in suits and work attire in just my shirt. We were quickly seated on a table in the corner which was seemingly reserved for us and it seemed like Tine already knew the staff there.

I finally whispered. "Hey, Tine, is there like a dress code for this place? Why are most people here in a suit and tie?"

"Its a usual place for lawyers. There are a lot of law firms around the area. We have been coming here for a long time."

"Oh..."

"I am ordering shots for everyone" Fong interrupted our conversation before I could speak any further.

"YES!" screamed everyone.

Tine still seemed a bit nervous, and I was hoping I wasn't the reason behind his nervous. So, I intertwined our hands under the table and tried my best to get along with his friends. It turns out, Ohm worked at the Prosecutor's Office while Puek and Fong both worked together at a big law firm — The same law firm that Tine supposedly worked at, before he had to quit because of that jerk of an ex.

"Tine..." Ohm got up from the table. "Look, Attorney Dim is here too, didn't you want to discuss that ongoing case with him?"

"I did... but" Tine looked at me, squinting his eyes.

"Go. It's okay. I am all good here. I have my drinks."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely."

Peuk got up just as Ohm and Tine were leaving the table. "Wait up guys, I'll come with you as well. I have a case against him next month, might as well just talk now."

And with that, there was only me and Fong at the table. We stayed silent for a while, taking a shot each when Fong finally spoke up.

"I am sorry for the whole confusion last week, Sarawat. I had no idea what Tine was planning. He just told me to drive to your office. He only told me about his plan after we had driven off."

"Ah. Yeah. That's okay. I don't mind. I really, really needed some push to ask Tine to date me." I chuckled.

"Honestly, I am glad you are dating, Tine. I know we have only met for the first time, but from all that Tine has told me about you, I think you are exactly what he needed."

"Now, I am really curious to know what Tine told you about me."

"I don't want to get into the details, because Tine would kill me. But I'll tell you this — I have never seen talk about anyone the way he talks about you."

"I am not so sure about that.. "  took a big shot of tequila, hoping and praying what Fong said was true. "How long have you been friends with Tine?"

"We are from the same hometown, but we weren't close back then. It was only when we ended up going to the same college in Bangkok did we become close friends."

"Does that mean you also knew Green?" I sighed. I shouldn't have asked that question because I wasn't sure about what kind of answer I would get. But I needed to know more about it because Tine wouldn't say anything and I didn't know how to protect him from that jerk.

"Oh yes, I knew Green. I knew him too well and I absolutely hated him for what he did to Tine.

Tine was a mess when they broke up, but I am glad they finally broke up." Fong took a shot in frustration.