Ch 24: Pick me, choose me, love me💋

Tine's POV

I drove back to the court to thank Mil for all his help and finish up all the pending work, still thinking about Sarawat's words. I know I should have been happy that he got jealous but his sudden outburst at me only made me feel sad. I was invoking all these emotions in him by lying to him and I had no idea how he would react when he founds out about all the lies.

It was almost evening when my phone buzzed with Sarawat's message.

Sarawat[6:32pm]: I am sorry for yelling at you in the morning. You should go out with Mil tonight if that's what you want to do

Tine[06:35]: I want to have dinner with you. Send me the restuarant details and time, I'll head there directly from office

Sarawat[06:35]: (Location Shared)
Sarawat[06:35]: We'll reach there by 8pm

I smiled and put my phone down when it buzzed again. I picked up the phone thinking it was Sarawat again, but it was actually Phukong.

Unknown number[06:36pm]: Tine! Its Phukong! I just switched on my old phone again
Unknown number[06:36pm]: Listen, Sarawat isn't budging, so I have a new plan. Tell him you will leave the apartment next month and move in with your friend — That Fong

Unknown number[06:37pm]: Okay?

What the hell?  This boy has absolutely lost the plot.

I didn't text Phukong back. I was so baffled with his stupid plan, I called him directly.

"Hello?"

"Hey Tine, what's up?"

"Phukong, have you completely lost your mind? Why would I tell Sarawat I want to leave the apartment, I would basically be homeless"

"Oh? Did you meet Mil at the court? That's so sweet?"

"What? What are you even talking about? Hang on, is Sarawat around you?

"Yes. Yes. Yes. I agree. Mil does look pretty dashing in his prosecutor clothes"

"Oh my god Phukong, stop with this rouse already. You will only make Sarawat more angry. He literally just sent me the restuarant details, he might just disinvite me altogether from tonight's dinner."

"Haha. Yes, that is very funny. " He laughed and then suddenly whispered. "Hold on a sec." I heard some fiddling and Phukong finally talked to me like he had some brains in him. "Listen, you really need to tell Sarawat you will leave the apartment or else he won't budge"

"Come on Phukong. I don't want to lie to him anymore. We shouldn't be lying to him"

"He'll be okay. We are only doing this to help him. Sarawat will drive me back to our hometown tonight after dinner and I'll stay at my aunt's house to finish school. He will be alone again and back to his stupid night shifts. He's like a zombie, Tine. He doesn't have a life of his own. He keeps pressuring himself. We need to pull him out of it"

I took a deep breath, taking in Phukong's words. He was right. I knew Sarawat's weekly schedule and it was insane. He hardly had time for himself.

"Okay, but this is the last lie I tell him. If it doesn't work, we will be completely honest with him. Deal?"

"Deal. Oh and Tine?"

"What?"

"Make sure you wear something hot tonight, we need to remind Sarawat what he has really been missing"