Chapter 6: Are You Home, Tine?

"Hey Tine, it was really nice seeing you today, I hope we can keep seeing each other like this."

I smiled. "Me too"

Sarawat left and I was just sitting there staring at my hand trying to remember all his warmth.

Tine's POV

When I went to sleep that night, I realised that the bed sheets smell like Sarawat. Since the day I moved here, I thought the bed sheets smelled incredible. I assumed it was probably the detergent or fabric softener, but being so close to Sarawat today made me realise it was him, all along.

Covering myself with bed sheets and closing my eyes took me back to that moment — When I was on top of Sarawat. When I could feel the heat between us. If I was the old Tine, I would have probably kissed him then. But I wasn't the old Tine.

I am the new Tine who had to change his job and house overnight because he realised he picks the wrong people to date.

I am the new Tine, who has a hopeless crush on his roommate and won't do anything about it. All I will do is sleep with these bed sheets around me and imagine there is Sarawat sleeping right next to me.     

There were no flowers in the office next day and I was finally able to work in peace. Hammering all the previous day's tasks, I ended up working 12 hours and reached home at 10pm with a new bowl of Ramen in my hands.

I found a new yellow post it by Sarawat stuck on the fridge

Chef's special today: Egg fried rice

I don't know how late you'll get home, so I am just keeping it in the fridge. Warm it in the oven before eating

PS - Don't even think about eating that Ramen

- Sarawat

I threw the Ramen bowl, heated up the rice and finished the whole bowl in less than 5 minutes

I threw the Ramen bowl, heated up the rice and finished the whole bowl in less than 5 minutes. I didn't even realise how hungry I was until I ate it all. It was so delicious, I didn't even care why Sarawat left so much fried rice for me.

Putting on of the CDs Sarawat had recommended in the CD player, I perched on the sofa and put my legs up on the coffee table when my eyes went to the papers that were lying on the table. It was the same list with numerous 'Dim Thipat's on it with their respective addresses and contact numbers. Some more names had been crossed out since the last time I saw the list.

The egg fried rice was amazing. I bought some red velvet pastry. Left it in the fridge for you

PS - Who is Dim Thipat? And why are you so hell bent on tracking him down?