Chap 19: Blooming

"He makes the best food. Jungkook you should try it, it tastes absolutely delicious and yeah he also likes plushies. There was a tiger one, a bunny one, a horse with a heart shaped mouth, a little naughty cookie one and oh oh oh an alpaca one and a-"

Jungkook watched as Taehyung skips joyfully telling him everything about the Namjin couple.

It puts a smile on his face hearing Taehyung talk about his actual parents still being oblivious of the whole situation.

That passion and spark in his eyes as he talked about happy things was endearing and for the first time in forever Taehyung was on the optimistic side which intrigued Jungkook more into him_he inched close to the person he was falling harder for.

He loved the way Taehyung would randomly laugh recalling memories, smiles often as he would think deeply, loved the way he would jump like an excited little child with no care in the world, speak freely and cheerfully about the adventures here and there_ jut everything about this Taehyung was adorable.

He looked more free, happy and child like. Jungkook will never complain because to him this is the most uplifting sight, he can feel the other's energy and positivity radiate in his soul and despite the problems currently_Jungkook was at peace because Taehyung was at peace.

And he'll do anything to keep him happy and mask his worries and pain away so that Taehyung doesn't suspect anything and go on with the wonders of an independent life.

"Namjoon-shi broke his favorite kitchen set one time and Seok Jin-shi told me it was normal for him to do such stuff. One time he broke his finger by tripping on air_I don't know how's that possible but Kookie the way Seok Jin-shi told me the stories was hilarious." and Taehyung bursts out laughing with no care in the world.

"Their food is good right, is that why you're putting in a little weight eh?"

"Are you calling me fat?" Taehyung says in disbelief.

"No baby, you look healthier now. More beautiful."

Taehyung accepted the compliment by kissing his cheek and continues "You'll like them alot Kookie, they're so funny!"

"Tae they sound like amazing people, I can't wait to meet them." Jungkook says masking the truth and pinching Taehyung's fluffy cheeks.

In return Taehyung swings their entwined hands and pulls him farther. "Kookie hurry please, they must be waiting." he squeal and Jungkook chuckles at his cute behavior as he lets him being dragged ahead by a giddy Taehyung.

"You know we are also here with them." Sunmi says who was walking besides Jimin.

"Sunmi, we're dating but those two make us look single. I don't know what kind of fucking sorcery that is what the logic exists here." he says holding out their entwined hands.

"Same and the fact Jenny and I have been dating since high school makes it more questionable." Lisa says and Jenny hums in agreement.

"You guys fucking have the audacity to say that when I literally came here without my boyfriend!" Hoseok glares at the two "I'm the legendary third wheel." he concludes.

"You atleast have a boyfriend, I'm literally single!" Haechan pouts and looks away. 

"You win." Hoseok says with the hint of an obvious taunt in his speech.

"Yes I di- Fuck you Hoseok!"

The others laugh at them as they catch up with the taekook couple who were engrossed into their own world, Taehyung talking about everything that excites him and Jungkook starring at his boyfriend the whole time like a whipped man that he is.