Episode 19

(Y/n's pov)

"Take it to consideration, you might like the job." Council member jabu tells me as we walk through the temple. "I'm not sure..." I say hesitantly as she tried to suggest the job of being a guardian angel upon me. "Take some time to think about It?" I nodded and she smiled brightly at me and bowed. "Thank you so much." With that, we went our separate ways. I never considered being a guardian at all, I couldn't look after a human soul. Or any soul for that matter. But it's something to definately think about. I just don't think now is the right time since I need to serve in this war. Especially against the demons since they're getting very violent. We seem to be losing more men then before. It's frightening. They drag our angels down into hell with them. They could be worse then the fallen angels right now but we can't focus on just one side. We must focus on them both since they're both a threat to us right now. Hell who am i kidding they've been a threat for thousands of years and will continue to be a threat for infinite time.
As I'm walking through the temple of roalm, I run into a room where the angels were on their knees and bowing they're heads. The temple was where most of us call upon the gods or worship them. I joined them for a moment before I had to leave back to battle. I was bowing my head and closing my eyes and reaching out to athena for wisdom. Even though she sometimes does not answer, it was worth a shot. I sat there for a good moment, reaching out to her but heard nothing.
'Please goddess athena...I need this...' i think to myself, feeling like she won't answer. I was just about to get up, sighing but I heard a whisper that I couldn't quite hear. 'Please repeat...' but It didn't. That was supposed to be my guidance, and I couldn't hear it. I sighed softly and just stood up and left the temple, I'll come back when there isn't much angels in there. I'll bring an offering as well.
I left the temple and started flying out to the war zone and fighting for what was right. But I was mostly attacked more by demons then anything. There weren't many fallen angels out. It made me suspicious of what they could be planning down below.
I slashed my sword at the demons and cutting deep into their chests, along with even cutting limbs off. They shriek in agony and leave me alone. I even cut off the thing they hold most valuable, their horns they have.
With a good days work, I've been dismissed by a general. Today was actually pretty slow. Not as much enemies had shown up today. Oh well I guess. I did was I decided to do and got an offering for athena so that I can hopefully reach out to her. By this time, there should be absolutely no one in the temple. It's night so of course the angels should be home.
I walked in with my offering which was a few owl feathers. I rested them on her statue and kneeled down on both my knees, everything was absolutely quiet which was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I held my head low and closed my eyes and took deep breathes.
'Athena, please give me some wisdom.' I call out to her in my mind as o calmly sat there. I was sitting there for a good while. It was quiet. Too quiet. I could hear the silence in my ears.
'Please...' I begged for her to at least answer me once again with a whisper. I felt like I was there forever just hoping. Hoping for her to answer me. My heart was beating loudly in my chest and in my ears. I was weery and tired, I was debating to go home. Even with the offering it was like she ignored me. Or it felt that way. I tiredly stood up and bowed. "Thanks anyway." I mumbled, with that I fly back home to ezra to get my rest. I felt hurt that she didn't respond at all. But it was normal I guess, she doesn't normally respond when we ask for strategy in the war. It kind of felt awkward when we asked of her. Uneasy. I got home and take my armor off and lie on the bed and cover the sheets over my body.
There was silence for a good moment until I slipped into sleep. I couldn't quite see my dream, it was like flashes of time. I mainly saw sawyer and even near the end I saw the gang and sawyer. I couldn't see it clearly. I was looking on the other side of the war. I was looking at the angels. It was bloody. I was scared but my dream self wasn't, she was braver then she had ever felt before. Then everything was like a flash, going quicker and quicker. I was then in front of sawyer.
"Help." A whisper responds in my ear but it wasn't sawyer. He was just looking into my eyes.
"Help." I hear it again. I looked around and saw nothing but me and sawyer.
"Help."
I jolted awake and I suddenly saw sawyer over me. "Woah hey." I sat to and looked at him with furrowed brows. "Your sweating." He pointed at me with a small smile and I uncovered myself from the sheets and held my head. "You okay?" He asked curiously as he came closer and I softly pushed him away.
"Don't worry about it." I hissed and he nodded awkwardly and then walked over to my table of herbs and started to cook something up.
"What are you doing? And why are you here?" I questioned him in an annoyed tone as i slightly glare his way. "Well just wanted to check up on ya. Just making sure your wounds are alright." I scoffed when he said this. "I don't need you checking in." I snapped but he turned around with a bowl in his hands. "Trust me, I had good intentions." He rolled his eyes and handed me the bowl. I looked at it and looked up at him. "Are you kidding me?" He grabbed a spoon and scooped up the soup and ate it. "Boom, not poisoned. Eat it." I rolled my eyes once again and snatched the bowl away from him and started to eat the soup he made. "And I guess I wanted to get to know you better." I hear him say as he then pulled up a seat, I gave him a weird look when he said that. "I'm nothing interesting." I say in monotone and at the soup. "Well your something interesting to me." He grinned softly and rests his head in his palm, the chair was backwards so the back of it was in front of him. His elbow resting on the top of the back side of the chair. "Tell me about yourself." We sit in silence for a moment until i sigh and set the bowl aside. "My name is y/n l/n, I'm an elf and an angel. I serve in the war, my mother is an angel and my father...He's an elf. I'm skilled in combat-" he snickers a bit when I say this which makes me glare his eyes. "Sorry, keep going."
"I'm skilled in combat, I'm somewhat skilled in healing magic." I then run out of things about me so I looked at him again and nod at him. "That's it. What say you?" I asked him and he hummed softly as he looked at the ceiling for a moment.
"Well obviously im a fallen angel, was once an angel. I trained in combat for many years as you could have seen." He grinned at me which just made me roll my eyes. I leaned my back against the wooden bedframe with folded arms. "I'm skilled in magic, my parents..." He stopped for a moment and I noticed he frowned which made me curious. "Well I prefer not to get into that..." He chuckled, making me frown but I respected he didn't want to speak of them. "Why did You fall?" I asked, not figuring that question could be a triggering subject. He looked at me like I had offended him. But then I truly thought about it. I wouldn't want some random person asking me why i fell into the underworld. "Sorry..." I mumbled and he chuckled. "Your good, just...thats a bit of a touchy subject every fallen angel don't want to talk much about." He said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly with a small smile.
We sat in silence for a moment until he stood up. "Well I should let you get back to sleep." Sawyer says and nods at me. "Night." I nodded and watched him leave my house. I felt bad for asking him about that. I didn't know it would be such a touchy subject for most. I guess I'm just insensitive.