Episode 27

(Y/n's pov)

"Are you strapped in?" Genesis asked Finn who gave her a thumbs up. Gael, tobias, and i stand beside and watched to see what will happen. Us three were about to fly along side our friend to be there to catch him if he were to fall from the sky.
"Stay safe!" Genesis says with some fear in her tone. "I will!" Finn grinned with a thumbs up and looked to the edge of ezra, the clouds blew to the right of the horizon. "You think this is going to fail?" Tobias whispered to me, I just shrugged. "Gotta have a little faith." I say with a small smile. Then finn took off running to the edge, causing us three to fly up before he could leave the edge and flying above him as he then jumped from the edge of ezra. I looked down below and saw he was soaring through the skies. I didn't get excited yet because you never know what can happen. Gael flew along side him to monitor him, finn seemed to be getting excited until he then started to fall at a rapid speed. In a rush, I took a dive down and heard him screaming in fear but I wasn't going to let him hit the ground of sole. Before I could get to him though, gael grabbed finn's waist and hoisted him up from him falling and flew towards ezra and helped him to ezra's ground. I landed along with gael and tobias. Finn was shocked and disappointed which he had every right to be. He sat on the ground and sighed with a frusterated groan. Genesis jogged up to us and sat down next to him and put a hand around him, coaching him that he will fix it and he will do better. Genesis seemed to really care for finn when he's having these doubting feelings.
"I thought I had it." He says, hearing the frusteration and irritation as he then takes off the slightly broken wings he had built off.
"Maybe it was just a little windy." Tobias tried to pitch in to help which didn't seem to help at all. Gael put a hand on finn's shoulder comfortingly and looked at me. I haven't said anything yet, I just looked down at him. Everyone seemed to look at me for help, I kneeled down and he looked at me. "Finn, you'll fix it. Your never going to get it on the first try. Take the wings home and figure out what you could add to them to not let that happen again." Finn nodded and stood up with the help of genesis who picked up the wings and handed them to finn with a smile. He smiled back at her and at me, nodding and sighing softly. "I'll work on it with you." Genesis says generously. "I'd like that." I found them too cute together. Genesis seemed happy with him, finn seemed happy with her. It wad beauitful to see, I hope finn had moved on from me.
They both walked to his house, leaving the three of us alone. We stood there watching them leave and I heard gael chuckle softly. "They're cute together." He says with a smirk on his lips, making me smile as well. "Yeah..." Then I remembered. I was supposed to train with sawyer. I looked around and noticed that someone was standing behind the trees staring at me. It was him. He then walked away and disappeared.
"Well I have to get going." I say quickly, trying to walk away until I was stopped by Gael. "Where are you going?" I turned around. "To go train. Gotta get better..." I say with a nervous chuckle, leaving the two to themselves. I went to my house first and gathered my things, then leaving to genwae. I walked the path until o got to the lake and looked around. I set my stuff down but I sensed something. I was too late to react though when I was slammed against the ground, feeling hands wrap around my throat. I panicked, my eyes dilated, adjusting to see sawyer looking down at me. I felt the air leaving my lungs and in a panic, I kneed his stomach hard then pushed him off and stood up. He stood up as well as I stared coughing. "The fuck was that?"  Spoke between coughs. "You have to always be prepared for a sneak attack. Even when you feel alone." Sawyer says as he circled me challengingly like a wolf circling his prey. He rushed me unexpectedly and took me down to the ground, my back slammed against the ground as I groaned in pain. "You were late." I glared up at him as he stared down at me. "Sorry, I was making sure a friend didn't fucking die." I hissed, slowly getting up from the ground. "What was he doing to make you so concerned?" I looked at him once I dusted myself. He had a curious gaze. "That's none of your concern." Even though to me he was ally, that doesn't mean I could fully trust him with our plans, didn't matter if they were big plans or small. I couldn't trust him with any information. "Fair enough." Sawyer shrugs and then picks up a sword, tossing it to me. I caught it by the handle, looking at the practice sword in my hand. "We will be practicing with swords now. I believe that's where you struggle with the most." Sawyer was right, even though hand to hand combat was easy, handling a sword was where I needed the most work done. I guess he just wanted to get the basics done before we move on to the actual issue. Sawyer held his own practice sword, examining it in his hand but I didn't let my guard down. He's very unpredictable. "Before we start, make sure to keep your eye on your opponent like your doing right now..." He started then walked forward, his height towered over me as he stared deeply into my soul. "Instincts are your best friend in sword combat. Pay attention to the movements of your opponent and you will succeed." He then strikes my arm with the practice sword causing me to hiss in pain. Sawyer steps back when I tried to strike him back but using it to his advantage, spinning while ducking behind me and kicking my back. I stumbled but didn't fall, turning back to see him spinning the practice the sword in his hand. I growled at him, rushing him as both the swords clash together with a soft hissing sound coming from both of them. We pushed each other away and circled each other as we awaited for one another's next move. "When circling. It's either you or your opponent going to strike first. It's unpredictable at times." Sawyer says, rushing to me but I dodged before he could strike. "Being the defense doesn't make you weak although it's sometimes thought down upon by your training staff, there will be times where defense is your only reliable option." Sawyer says and Take a another swing but I blocked it quickly, holding his sword down with my own as he tried to push up. He stared into my eyes as I stared into his, struggling to keep his sword down which didn't take long before me sowrd was knocked from my hands, flying to the side. He pointed his own sword at my neck. "You just died there." Sawyer grinned, winking at me knowing he had won. "Staring into your opponents eyes creates a dominant aura around you. Keep it up, it shows that eye contact won't make you weak." Sawyer said as he picked me sword up, handing it to me. I smirked, taking the handle in my hand with a tight grip.
"Let's continue."