1) Savior

1.3k words

"Where are we going now?"

"Oh be quiet. It's your birthday! Lighten up!" I tugged on my boyfriend's arm. I led him to my uncle's office building. I was beaming when we got in the elevator. I could not contain my excitement.

It was Caleb's, my boyfriend, birthday, and what better way to surprise him than to meet the Marvel cast since he was a fan. It was also our anniversary, but he usually glosses over that part...

I know they were having an informal meeting today and my uncle didn't mind me popping in.

"Come on, (Y/N)," he wines and pushes me up against the wall, towering over me. "Can't we just stay home and... spend some time together?" He smirked.

Ding

"Uhh excuse me?" A blonde male stands in the door frame.

"Stop it, Caleb," I scowl under my breath, pushing him away. "Oh geez, Harrison. Oh god, that's embarrassing."

"Uhh well, I was just gonna go look for you, but you're here." Harrison turns around to call for my uncle.

"Hey man. The names Caleb. Heard about you a few times. Harrison right?" He puts his hand out.

"Yeah. Sorry about that... intrusion." An awkward shake intensifies the awkwardness.

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"Uhh, I dunno. About three years maybe," Caleb responded.

"I heard that! It's five years!" I yelled then continued greeting the others in the room.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. There is a refreshment bar right over there," Harrison waves goodbye and walks away quickly. He sat down on a couch to talk with Tom, but he kept you and Caleb in his view.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Caleb said, a little nervously.

"Sure. What is it?" I replied concerned. "It looks important."

"I know this may be a bad time, but... I've been thinking we should go our separate ways. I just think that sometimes you can be a little over the top, like taking me here."

"Yeah! Cuz I thought you would like it!" I was whispering loudly, angrily.

"Wait (Y/N). You seemed sweet back in high school. And honestly, my buddies dared me to ask you out, testing you because you seemed very reserved. So I'm brea-"

You run off to the elevator, cutting him off and not caring if the whole room sees.

"Wait (Y/N)!" Caleb runs after you, just missing the elevator door.

You call an Uber back to your apartment. You got in the house and is filled with different emotions, you just curled up on the couch. You planned to sob for the rest of the day away, missing the phone calls from your uncle, your friends, and Caleb.

~

Knock knock

"(Y/N), it's me. Harrison!"

I wrapped myself in a blanket and dragged myself to the door.

"Harrison, why are y- WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" I opened the door to find Harrison and Caleb standing in front of my door.

"He kinda forced me to get you to come to the door."

"HARRISON!!!" I screamed at him and then flared at Caleb. "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU COME TO MY HOUSE?!" I tried to keep my tears from flowing as I saw him standing there.