8) Photos

3.7k words
Sex warning. Also, my "way of words" is still pretty shit. So yeah.

"Could you lift your arms?"

"Oh yeah sorry," you said as you quickly snapped back into reality. You started to doze off while your manager was asking you questions and the seamstress is pinning the black dress you were wearing.

"You're free on Saturday, right?" Derek cocks an eyebrow at you while writing on his clipboard.

"Oh yeah of course. You've been asking me that question for a week." You giggle at the small tease and you can see Derek being a little annoyed.

"Anyway, you'll be working with another person for this shoot. You good with that?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Ow-"

"I'm sorry Miss. I'm almost done."

"No worries take your time, Shani." You faced forward into the mirror, judging the figure you've believed to be cursed with. You've tried to comply because people have insisted on modeling, but you weren't too keen at first. So, you took college classes part-time, always dreaming of becoming a robotics engineer. You sigh at the thought.

"How're classes going?" Derek decided to strike up a conversation.

"Not too bad, a little busy," you say. "I wanted to ask- you know what, never mind."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, no worries."

"Ok, Miss (Y/N)." Shani takes a step back to admire the figure-complementing dress. "You look gorgeous. What's the occasion?"

"Thank you, Shani!" You step down from the block. "It's for a design gala."

"Really?! You rarely go, but you'll shine from the others!" Shani smiles at me like a proud mom, even though she's not that much older than me.

"Let's go (Y/N). There's a couple of outfits I want to discuss."

~~

The Saturday morning you woke up with not so much sleep because of the assignments you had. Finals were coming and you procrastinated to instead help Derek.

You groggily got out of bed. When brushing your teeth, you realize there's going to be people to do your makeup so you toss on sweatpants and a long sleeve and walk over to the shoot location with a cup of coffee in one hand and a notebook of notes.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Derek cheerily greets. "You look tired! I told you to go to bed early. And next time does your homework early."

"I did. I started at 6 while eating dinner. But I have essays and stuff. Sorry." You yawned your way through the sentence. "But with the magic of makeup and this coffee, I'll be fine."

You set down all of your stuff in my dressing room. You opened my notes to look over while the makeup artists powdered your face. They pulled your face in all directions while your eyes were glued to the letters and numbers that seemed like gibberish at this point.

"Ok all done (Y/N). Let's get you dressed."

"Thank you, June! It's really pretty." You beamed at my not tired looking face. You went to put on a maroon evening gown that cinched at the waist and had translucent long sleeves.

You walked to the front of the bright lights and cameras.

"You made the right decision with the sleeves."

"Oh, thanks. It turned out well. Worth the no sleep." You tease again. Derek rolls his eyes at you and waves at a man who came in from the other side of the room.