15) Secretary (Business AU)

1.4k words

Knock Knock Knock

I waited outside the CEO's office door for a signal to come in.

The door opened...

A young woman stood in the doorway, surprised, and didn't give me confirmation whether or not to enter.

"(Y/N)!" Harrison stands up from his desk and walks towards me, with his arms outstretched. The woman still did not budge, but a walked passed her regardless. I jump into his welcoming arms. "What are you doing here, Princess?"

"Lunch?" I asked.

"Can you excuse us, Lori?" Harrison looks up from our hug. She nodded and frantically walked off. He turns his attention back to me. He stared at me with those familiar blue eyes and his perfectly swooped hair.

"Hi," I said to break the silence.

"Hello beautiful," he chirps back. He closed the gap between us and kissed me sweetly, making me melt the moment. We broke, still in each other's arms.

"You're still up for lunch, (Y/N)?"

~

On the way back to his office in the glass building, we strolled back. The receptionists and others we walked past greeted Harrison.

"Oh, I forgot to ask, who was the lady earlier?", I asked as she walked by, giving me a strange look.

"Lori. They hired me a secretary."

"They?", I asked with suspicion.

"Yeah. The board members. They thought it would take some of the stress off my plate if I had someone to help." Harrison opened the door to his office for me.

Knock-knock

"Come in," Harrison called as I pulled a chair by his grand wooden desk. Lori walked in with an arm full of files and papers.

"Hi," she said quietly to me. "Here are the papers you asked for, copies for the board and you have a phone call for you."

She shuffled off without saying a word. The door shuts loudly.

"That was blunt."

"Yeah. She did not usually like that though," Harrison replied as he reached over to the phone to check who was trying to contact him. "(Y/N), it's Tom. Do you mind if I take this quick?'

"Yeah, no problem." I scrolled through my phone as Harrison chatted away. He was kind of whispering, but it was most likely business-related.Harrison sighs and hangs up the phone. "How's Tom?"

"He's good. I have some more work to do. Do you want to go home first or are you okay with waiting for me?"

"I can wait if you don't mind."

"Of course, I don't mind." He smiles at me. "But I will step out for a while. I'll be back." He kisses me on the forehead and heads for the door.

About an hour later, I was getting bored. I leafed through some of the books and records he had on the shelves that lined a wall. I also just started the floor-to-ceiling window that looked out to the city below.

The door cracks open. "Alright, thank you. Have a great night!" Harrison enters with a smile on his face, looking like he was just at a party or had something to drink. I swiveled in my chair in relief.

"(Y/N), you're still here."

"Of course, I am. I said I would wait for you," I spat back. "Are you good to go home?"

"I think so. Let's go." Harrison picked up his briefcase and wrapped his arm around my waist. Pulling me closer, we walk through the empty hallways that look completely different during the early hours of the day.