12) Family (Maf! AU 1.2)

1.8k words

After months of living with Harrison, your relationship grew, and for the better of your health. You were much happier and didn't try to get yourself killed.

And of course, you kept your promise. Tom still wasn't keen on trusting you, but you do your best to show your cooperation during meetings. Although, your family did not ignore the fact that you disappeared.

"Harrison, I need to talk to you in private."

"Sure, Tom. What's up?" Harrison replied as Tom sent you and the twins out of the room.

"It's been really helpful with the information she holds, but..." Tom lingered at the end, making Harrison irritated. "I got a report back saying that her family is looking for her."Harrison's face was engulfed with fear and the realization that the only person that made him happy, was in danger.

"Shit" was the only response Harrison could comprehend. Immediately, he walked out of the room as Tom chased him to stop. He finally caught up.

"What should we do?", Tom asks.

"I was going to ask the same thing," replied the frantic man, who then stared into his best friend's eyes. "Tom, I don't want to lose her."

"I know that, mate."

A few days past, the Osterfield household was filled with tension. You didn't know what was happening or what could happen to you, but you know something was wrong. Harrison's moods weren't good, his facials expressions dropped when he looked away. Frankly, you were afraid. There was always someone new over at the house to meet with Harrison. You stayed in the bedroom with Monty and waited until there was an actual signal. Sometimes you fell asleep since meeting lengths were unpredictable.

~Another day, another meeting. You fell asleep almost immediately when you got into bed. You wore one of Harrison's shirts for comfort since you planned on just staying in all day.Suddenly, you bolted awake when there was a crash. The windowed shattered and a dark figure bags your head and drags you out of bed, forcing you to step on the shards.

"Harrison!!" You belted as loud as you possibly could. You wanted to fight back, but your sense of surroundings was muffled since you just woke up and can't see anything.You felt something cover your mouth to keep you from yelling for help and your hands were now bound. The figure threw you into what felt like the backseat of a car. It drove off.

It was very confusing. The car took many turns. In your head, you tried to map out your location but got dizzy from overthinking and fell asleep.

~

"Wake up!" A painful slap strikes across your face, waking you. The sting stuck as you eyed your captor. "Ah look who's home!"

Your hands were tied behind your head. Your eyes adjusted to the bright lights that were right in your face. You see your older stepbrother hovering and your father sat in his "boss chair" in the back, arms crossed.

"Max...?"

"And she speaks!" Max was still the cocky little shit. He wasn't that much older, but he believed he was the one in charge between you and your siblings.

"Let me go, Ass."

"You are sassy as always!" Max rattled the chains. "Welcome home... Sister."

"Max," your father's voice boomed, sending a shiver down both of your spins.

"Sorry, Father."

"I'm leaving. Do whatever necessary." Your father leaves the room. This mob boss held the clan leader title from a young age. He's terrifying demeanor scared the socks off every person he approaches, including his own family. Your mother on the other hand was almost the opposite, but passes from labor complications, leaving your younger brother in your care. The new wife, however, was an absolute snake and her son is an ass. Her family arranged this marriage after hearing the news of your mother's death. They were in it for the money and guaranteed protection your family could provide.