13) Focus

707 words

"YOOO!" The three of you were shouting at the TV as a fight scene played out in front of you.

It was one of those nights when Harrison was out, either with his friends or at some fancy dinner thing. You take advantage and invite your two closest friends over to watch anime.

As your buddies ate and talked and shouted, Harrison finally came home.

"Oh hey, you guys," he greeted but sounded extremely exhausted. "What are you guys doing?"

"Hi, Haz!" You jumped off the couch and hugged him. Harrison drops the bags he was holding on the counter and fully embraces you. He rests his head on your shoulder.

"Harrison..." You ruffle his blonde hair.

"Can we go to bed?" he whispers. Your friends yelled in the excitement in the background.

"I have guests over," you replied. Harrison stands and grips your shoulders. "What's in the bags?"

"Dessert and a gift for you..." He pats your head and smirks. "Well, I'll go first. Bye (Y/N)," he chirps sarcastically.

"Hey (Y/N), it's getting late. We're going to head out."

~

"Alright, see you guys later. We have to finish it!" you laughed and closed the front door.You walked to the fridge for a glass of water when you suddenly felt familiar arms wrap around your waist.

"I thought you were going to bed." You continued to sip on the water.

"I'm waiting for you!" He buries his face into your neck. "Would you like dessert?"

"Sure. What did you do today?" Harrison lets go and walks to the counter to take out a nicely packaged cake.

"Uhh, just a meet and greet with some directors and staff. Not that exciting," he replies and rolls his eyes. "You seemed to have fun. I heard you guys yell from outside the door."

"Wow we are loud!" you laughed. "I'm sorry. You're gone for most of the day and we didn't have school so we got together to watch anime since that is what we bonded over."

"Who are they?"

"Just friends from class. Why do you need to know?" You began to become a little irritated. Harrison turns to you. He groans and holds you once more.

"What, Haz?" you shot back angrily. You both stare into each other's eyes. His expression softened and he pushed the loose strands of hair out of your face.

"Still pretty," he coos.

You blushed "You're avoiding the question."

"I just... miss you a lot..." he hesitates. You rest your head on his chest and hug him tighter.

"Harrison, you're out a lot. Traveling, dinners, meeting people. I can't just sit at home and wait for you. I'm almost done with school and I have to focus on that," you spoke solemnly then looked at his tired eyes. "You understand that right?"

"Then come with me. When you graduate..." He pulls out a small black box and kneels. "Come with me and you can travel the world. Stay with me."

"Harrison..." You looked at him. He looked hopeful. You wanted to say yes very badly, but he was acting a little childish. "You know with the job I want, I can't travel as you do."His expression faded quickly. Inside, you felt awful, but realistically you couldn't follow him.

"Fine." Harrison stands back up and shoves the ring back into his pocket. He storms off into the bedroom. You immediately began to tear up. You loved him, but it wasn't great timing.

You sat on the couch and curled up in a blanket. You continued to cry but tried to distract yourself by watching more TV. It didn't work and you just cried until you slept.

~

In the morning, your eyes slowly opened. You saw a chest, slowly rising and lowering. Harrison's arm was wrapped loosely around you. You watched him fidget and blink awake. He noticed you were staring at him.

"I'm sorry." His first words in the morning made you feel sad. You buried your face into his warm chest as he tightened his grip around you.

"I didn't mean to make you upset!" you teared up and choked on your words. "I love you, Haz."He kisses you slowly and deeply.

"Will you accept the ring now?"