Chapter 47

July 4,2019Calabasas,California

July 4,2019
Calabasas,California

Nicki's Pov

I need to call my cousin so we can decide who's going to have the cookout at who's house, since today is the 4th of July. I don't mind having it at our house or we can have it at Chris and Kaia's house, but I don't know if they want it at their house. So that's why I need to call Kaia to settle who's having the cookout, at one of our houses.

I took my phone off the charger pressing Kaia's number and it kept ringing, until she answered on the last ring. Then put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Kaia asked me waiting for me to answer.

"Hey K I called you, cause I need to ask you something about today." I said getting straight to the point.

"What is it?" Kaia asked me waiting for me to say it.

"Well as you know today, is the 4th of July. But what I'm wondering is.....who's house are we having the cookout at?" I asked her waiting for her answer.

"Well I don't mind having it at our house but I don't know, if Chris wants everyone over or we can have it at your house." Kaia said feeling the same way I am.

"So we're going to have it at my house is what your saying?" I asked her for confirmation.

"Yeah and we can do it at my house next year if that's ok with you." Kaia said waiting to see what I thought about it.

"Yea that's fine with me." I told her agreeing with her.

"So are we cooking or is our men grilling?" Kaia asked me.

"Our men can do the grilling and us women can make the sides along with desserts." I told her seeing what she thinks.

"Yaass bitch I'm down with that!" Kaia yelled excitedly.

"Aight girl I'll see you when y'all come over." I told her laughing at her excitement.

"Okay bye love you." Kaia said laughing too.

"Bye love you too." I said hanging up.

Bey isn't here right now cause she's out with the guys and I need to text her to give her the heads up, about us having the cookout at our house. Because I'm not trying to hear her mouth about me not telling her that our family and friends, are at our house. Then it will start an argument which I don't feel like having with her at all, and she would have to get over it cause I win every argument we ever had.