Chapter Thirty Eight- Payback

Another thing that Karasuno had been doing to prepare for the tournament, was having mini overnight camps with the Fukurōdani Academy Group.

  The first one they had was held at Nekoma High School. The Karasuno bus pulled up to the school, the team filing out of its doors, some more energetic than others.

"Welcome, Karasuno." Kuroo greeted, walking towards the group wearing black, and orange. Daichi greeted Kuroo on behalf of the team, the two having some sort of captain moment.

Kuroo then informed the team that it would be individual practice for the next few hours, and that they could practice with whoever they wanted.

The team members nodded, before making their way into the gym. (Y/n) walked through the door, Tanaka not far behind.

  "TSUKKI!" Bokuto's voice rang throughout the gym. "Do you want to try and block my spikes?! Huh?! Do ya?! Do ya?!"

  (Y/n) rolled her eyes, the boys loud voice being too much for her so early in the morning. She was about to walk to the other side of the gym, so that Bokuto's voice wasn't as loud, when she heard one of the Fukurōdani players say something.

"Time for today's episode of 'Bokuto's Adventures in Stupidity.'"

Once (Y/n) heard this, she began to laugh, which caught the Fukurōdani captain's attention. "OYA? Is that (Y/n) I hear?" He yelled, looking around for the top of the (h/c) haired girls head.

'Ah shit.' The girl thought, running to hide behind the closest person she could find that was wearing a black jacket.

  This person inconveniently turned out to be Hinata, who she was slightly taller than, which made it easy for Bokuto to spot her.

  "HEY HEY HEY! (Y/N)!" Bokuto called. (Y/n) frantically looked around for the shaved head of Tanaka. Once she spotted him, she made a break for it, running as fast as she could to hide behind him instead.

  Tanaka jolted in surprise when (Y/n) crashed into him. She was holding the fabric of his jacket tightly, and was crouched down like she was trying to make herself invisible.

"Is everything okay? What's wrong?" The boy asked, concerned that someone might be trying to hurt her. "Bokuto is after me." She whispered, just loud enough for only Tanaka to hear.

The boy looked around, spotting Bokuto running around in search of something. That something, or more accurately someone, just so happened to be (Y/n).

Once Tanaka realized this, a mischievous smirk appeared on his face. The boy suddenly moved out of the way, before grabbing her shoulders, and pushing her in the direction of Bokuto.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened, "Woah, woah, woah. Ryu what are you doing?!" she tried to turn around, and run away, but her boyfriends grasp on her shoulders was too strong.

"Now, now (Y/n). Go say hello to the nice owl man." Tanaka said, waving to Bokuto. "Excuse me? Is my girlfriend the one you're looking for?" He called.

Turning toward the sound of Tanaka's voice, Bokuto's eyes immediately brightened, seeing the girl struggling in the Karasuno boy's arms.

  "Why are you doing this Ryu?!" (Y/n) yelled, still struggling. "This is what you get for stealing my melon bread last week." The boy told her.

  "(Y/N)!" Bokuto yelled as he ran over to the couple. He grabbed (Y/n) out of Tanaka's hands, pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

  The girl was being squeezed tightly against her upperclassmen's chest, her arms restrained against her sides, and her feet suspended off the ground.

  Seeing (Y/n)'s face smooshed like that made Tanaka laugh, which only angered the girl more. "Ryu, I am SO getting you back for this!" The girl yelled, kicking her legs in frustration.

After a few more second of struggling, Tanaka told Bokuto that he should probably let her go. Though the captain pouted like a child, he set the girl down.

(Y/n) gasped for air, Bokuto's hug was almost worse than Saeko's. "Jeez you guys. Are you trying to kill me?" The girl said, giving both boys dirty looks.

  "Sorry." They apologized in unison, before all three of them headed their separate ways for the rest of the day.

  By the time Tanaka, and (Y/n) had time to talk to each other again, the sun had set, and they were getting ready to for bed.

  (Y/n) was heading to take a bath when she noticed Tanaka at the end of one of the hallways. "Ryu!" She yelled, running into the boy's arms.

  The boy opened his arms, catching the girl as she ran into him. "(Y/n)! I was looking for you!" He said, smiling.

  "I wanted to say I'm sorry for not protecting you from Bokuto. I felt kind of bad for it. Are you mad?" Tanaka apologized again, which made the girl laugh.

  Tanaka was taken aback by the girls giggle. He had fully excepted (Y/n) to be upset with him. "I literally just ran into your arms, what do you think?" She whispered, "But I'm still going to get my payback."

This made Tanaka laugh as well, and soon enough, they were on the ground from laughing so hard, just because.

How could they ever actually be mad at each other?

———————————————————————————

  NO THAT WAS NOT FORESHADOWING.

  Oma I almost slipped on my hardwood floor today, and I saw my life flash before my eyes.