Chapter 10: Lux Cosmos Part 2

Gyrating bodies filled the space. Music pumped into the air like blood pumping into a mechanical heart. The air was deceivingly fresh and fragrant, a sign of Kyrion technology. Juliet was dancing, her arms wrapped around Dee's neck. It was the only thing she wanted. They drank as the evening continued, the space became hazier and all the more beautiful.

A slow love song came on, calm in a storm of hypnotic beats. Juliet melted into Dee, laying her head on her chest.

"It is time to start slowing down," Dee chuckled. Her pupils turned into heart shapes everytime she looked up at her alien.

"Are you sure? Not even one more?" Juliet's tone was a whiny, flirty drawl. The two lovers swayed to the rhythm. Dee cocked an eyebrow.

"One more and only one. For it-" Her lips turned into a half smile and she pushed Juliet away, "you have to, as they say, show me what you got."

An invitation. All of the blood flowed to the abdomen. To lose herself completely, to dance as sexily as she wanted to in a room full of strangers. To show her what she was made of. Hands around the neck, hips swaying slowly inward and outward. Come and get it, Juliet said through her body. Then, she let go for the first time that night and started dancing by herself for Dee. Hands all over herself, hips in slow excruciating circles. She watched her date become still and cross her arms. Hands around breasts and neck. She buried herself in vulnerability, her body lighting up with need. Finally, the song ended.

"Did I earn one more?" Juliet asked, breathily.

"I pity the fools around us if you were sober. I would have taken you." Her voice was barely louder than a whisper, forcing Juliet to lean in to her.

"You already have me." She laughed, waving the bartender over for her last drink. A man stared from behind a bartender's shoulder. Large, handsome, and probably Kyrion.

"Darling, I have not taken you in that way yet."

She stared back at the man at the other side of the bar. Dee followed her gaze.

"That is an associate of mine." Dee said.

Juliet snorted out a laugh. "Weird way to say friend."

"He is not a friend." Dee waved and smiled at the man in that order. The man did so back. They were imitating human customs they did not care for. It was quite funny.

"Do Kyrion even make friends?"

"Like humans? No, we do not. Strategic alliances and sex are all we need. Friends are what I call the alliances that benefit me greatly."

Juliet saluted Dee. "I know which one I am out of those." The bartender sat down the rum and coke. Juliet gulped it down without hesitation. The warm fuzziness in her stomach became heavier.

"No! I said it way too harshly. You are more than just sex."

Juliet smiled at Dee, watching her beautiful features come in and out of drunken focus.

"I know. You are probably out there running an empire. I would just be a part of a harem."

"A harem does sound nice." Dee said.

"Hey! One step at a time, galaxy war maiden," Juliet shouted. There no more volume control in her tone.

"I would never share what is mine nor would I take another."

Juliet could only smile. The daestra would never allow her to be anything else other than Dee's. Even...maybe...in a harem. She did not know why she knew that, but she did. She could run yet Dee would take her back, Most likely with the wrath of the Kyrion forces behind her.

"I need to head to the restroom." Juliet said, the room going in and out focus rapidly.

It would do her some good to sit down in a quiet space. Dee led her there. The bathroom was strange and posh. There were sleek black couches and spaces in between the individual rooms which Juliet realized were actually stalls.

Money, money, money. Must be funny.

Juliet locked herself in and took a break from light, movement, and sound. Dee had made sure Juliet drank in semi-moderation. She sobered up quickly. When she came out, there was a tall lady sitting on a couch. This time, Juliet recognized that it was a Kyrion instantly. Her fashion sense was just too immaculate. This Kyrion was blonde, with green eyes and that pierced through Juliet's soul in the most uncomfortable way possible. Her cheeks could be used as razors.

"Hello, human."

There was distaste. Fear froze her in place. She was a small bug who could be squashed at any moment.

"I do not know why you are meddling in Dinairresin's affairs, but you are not welcome."

"Excuse me, alien chick," Her words slurred, "but it was Dinerserserin that meddled in mine."

It was not good that she had not yet learned how to pronounce her girlfriend's name. My girlfriend. Juliet blushed at the idea. The Kyrion watched this play out with a look of disgust.

"I am warning you only once, human. Stop your distasteful meddling, she would not go for a little roach like you. Stop or else-"

"Or else what?" A soft and deep voice spoke from the right. Juliet panned her drunken gaze over to see Dee leaning against the door.

-MissElle edited this!