HELLO MAHABHARATA

❝  I am a child of the moon, being raised by the sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers.❞

~ Zara Ventris

PREFACE

Fantasy and history. Together the two can take control of the controllers of a human being. I love fantasies because let's face it, non fiction world ain't so easy to live in, so why not dive in the world of fiction?

Historical fictions are now debatable. Theirs a hairsbreath line of exploits and enhancement. Together the wish to travel back in time (fantasy) and a colossal epic's obsession (history); it gave birth to this idea of time travel in mahabharat.

Pandemic leading to quarantine was a holiday of months to us all and I was stuck in my last year of English major. It was the time when everybody was cozied or rather imprisoned in their homes with laptops, phones and TVs echoing everywhere. Everyone was a chef and it was a time when all of us were exploring our talents. At last, a coin has two faces. The deadly threat sure locked us in our houses but made us realise the truth of love, life and family.

I was completing my assingment and studying for upcoming online exams when I began researching about the similarities between mythologies of different and varied. Let me tell you those initial days of lockdown had us and all our sanity safe by heartily telecasting  g o o d   o l d  shows and one of them was Mahabharat.

Be it B. R. Chopra or Swastik we were having times when we actually with family watched it together during the lunches and dinners. I remember the time of broadcast of B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat and my parents and grandparents told me that the lanes and alleys went silent for a hour like during the times of now lockdown, to watch Mahabharat.

History repeats itself, if not majorly then it does mildly.

While sitting lackadaisicaly during an hour of midnight, thinking about the arguments of Star plus Mahabharat, Why time stopped when Krishna had addressed Bhishma, Karn and Drona?

“It was not literally. It was in their heads. Metanoia, change of heart listening to truth of life from the mind's eye, duh!”

I actually felt going there and to feel a breath of air of era where my blue best friend graced the earth. How it would be to travel back in times of Mahabharat?

The idea was random, sudden, brisk and a purpose to the idle life of May 2020. Pushing the publish button wasn't so hard but not all sunshine too. It was not my first time writing something, I wrote for my school and college magazine but never a flow of words like a book had I written afore.

Next is all the glitters and sunflowers I received on this platform among the amazing reviewers and readers. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and investing it in reading my fantasy. May God bless you with peace and prosperity.

•••

DEDICATION

To pinterest for attracting me with indian mythology and royal core aesthetics.

• To cast of 2012 MB for being so gorgeous and dashing.

• To coffee and tea for turning my blood in ink and cloud thoughts in rain words.

• To my sister, mother and father for loving and believing in me, no matter what.

• To indian literature for festooning the culture with gold dust.

•••

DISCLAIMER

Hello Mahabharata | Copyright © 2020 by Simran: All rights reserved.

This book of mine is purely a work of fiction based on the characters and events of the indian mythological epic of Mahabharata. I do not intend to hurt anybody's sentiments. The following concepts I've inculcated are entirely my imagination. I have spent a great lot of deal in creating this piece of my heart's work so please don't just copy it.

All the pictures in banners, covers, gifs, mood boards and other aesthetics credits remain to the owners.

•••

ACCOLADES

i) winner of unearthed chronicles award by EpigonesOfMysticism
ii) best blurb in unearthed chronicles award by EpigonesOfMysticism
iii) best oc name(female) 3rd in the ink scribblers awards by The_Elysian_Arcane
iv) best aesthetics 3rd in the ink scribblers awards by The_Elysian_Arcane
v) best pen name 2nd in the ink scribblers awards by The_Elysian_Arcane

vi) best blurb 3rd in the ink scribblers awards by The_Elysian_Arcane
vii) best romantic chapter (47• elixir) in magical mini awards by Magical_Community
v

iii) winner of the meteorite awards (fantasy) by The_Astro_Community

•••

SUGGESTIONS

Read the book with black background as it's suiting all the aesthetics and helps create a fantasy. They are in contradiction with the layout and complementary to it. Serif font will be best suited.

•••

PLAYLIST

•Ghar more pardesiya Shreya Ghoshal, Vaishali Mhade| •Deewani Mastani Shreya Ghoshal and various| •Mere Nishaan Kailash Kher, Meet Bros| Parthasaya Dhananjaya Ajay-Atul|• Murli Manohar Ajay-Atul|• Yada yada hi dharmasaya Ajay-Atul|•Mohe rang do laal Birju Maharaj, Shreya Ghoshal|•Poore Chand Shail Hada|•Tum se hi Mohit Chauhan|•Main rahoon ya na rahoon Armaan Malik|•Sanwaar Loon Monali Thakur|•Aankhon mein teri K K|•Mahabharat Ajay-Atul|• Surili ankhiyon Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Suzanne De’Mello| Suraj hua madham Alka Yagnik, Sandesh Shandilya, and Sonu Nigam|• Jab se tere naina Shaan| •Tum Hi Ho Bandhu Kavita Seth, Neeraj Shridhar|