36. Sarang

Sarang. A feeling of wanting to be with someone until death. an indigenous Korean name: a single word meaning love.

 an indigenous Korean name: a single word meaning love

I was at home.

Krishna says a part of my sojourn is completed, though he never mentions when and how. Indraprastha, is orphic. When I returned from Dwarka that day, Yudhishthir said, 'I didn't knew a letter would be capable to bring you back home!' What is a home? A place where we live in harmony as melange; family. Then, what is a house? A building! A structure where we live!

Abode, dwelling, domicile, lodging are just stones and bricks if you are devoid of sentiments and aura of people around you. Not every house is a home.

Indraprastha has become mine. The mere thought of losing this, stings my heart. I can smell myself from my chamber. The mist around curtains, mattress, pillows all in my best loved hue, red. Charcoal inks and quills with parchment scattered on that mahogany table. Iron structure in domes and pillars with incense sticks and flickering lamp, abode of Krishna. A spruce chest and treasure which when opened can provide me clothes of my era. This has been my nook, my querencia.

After months of morosis, which I both ruined and won that day everything has become eudaimonia. I still doubt my conscious of that oneirataxia. Am I allowed to taste this utopia? Arjun's acceptance and marriage proposal, nothing sounds more sarang to me now. Was this beatitude?

What was so ecstatic and vehement in our decision that turned everyone's eyes pearl misty? I simply don't know. Soulrocker, that's another name I had translated of what Arjun has again christened me and as usual everyone agreed without a second thought.

Krishna termed it selflessness and lately we spent our dusks debating at this symposium over Panchali's peanut ladoos, which were his new favorite. How can I call it selflessness? Am I not fortunate to witness this colossal saga? How can I even call myself competent to his valor, that will compliment him like Subhadra and Draupadi? Still he says my altruism is competent to his archery? Pardon me, lord! But Can I even dare to disrespect his words ever?

When I look back at a Simran who had celebrated over twenty birthdays here but still is 21 years old, I see a change. Undertaking, that high spirited, girl next door, bossy, fiery, energetic, confident, arrogant, elegant yet child at heart, outgoing, independent, surprisingly naive and trusting Simran has now realized she is much more than this. She has discovered love, devotion, benevolence and most importantly patience and fortitude.

At kaliyug, I'd have by now completed my masters and doctorate and..... Krishna says I have, how can this happen even? Then, do I even doubt him!