HELP! (not an update)

Hey guys, not an update sorry. I'm trying to make sure these next few chapters make sense together and I'm getting all sorts of mixed up.

WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT TIME REMNANTS?!

So what exactly is a time remnant? I tried to explain it in the last couple chapters but I'm not sure I got it right. Was Zoom always on Earth 2 and Jay was always on Earth 1 and they lived two separate lives, or did Jay report back to Zoom, or what? I feel like they threw a new concept in just to answer a lot of questions.

(Spoilers below if for some reason you haven't seen Season 3. But like also if you haven't...what the hell? Go watch it. It's great.)

*

*

*

With Savitar, who was a time remnant (right?), he had all of Barry's memories and when something new happened...he knew that too? Right? So is that because it now became his past since he was from the future or can time remnants share information between each other because they're the same person? Did Jay have to tell Zoom what they were doing or did Zoom know once Jay knew? Or was Jay actually being Zoom up until he needed to kill himself in the Escape from Earth 2 episode?

I'm so confused. If you don't know either, feel free to just let me know what you think a remnant is and what you went with as far as understanding how they interact with each other.

THANKS!!